I think Mika is pregnant...

I know she needs spayed, and all, but as you guys know, I don't make the decisions.. :( Here is what I can tell, her teats are red, and she looks kind of fat. I will get some pictures on here later, of what her fat looks like. But, I know you guys aren't vets, but, maybe can help me out a little. I know she probably would be better off at the vet. But, I don't think she will be going. :( Help would be adored! Thank you for reading!

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
So Mika is a cat? I know you stated before that you are young and don't make the decisions. But you have 3 cats it looks like from your signature are the others fixed? How old is Mika and why haven't your parents fixed her? Had you noticed her in heat recently? Why was she let outside if she was in heat? I feel bad but I just need to understand more ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I think she should be spayed if she's pregnant or not. It's better than bringing more unwanted kittens into this world. I'm sure if you looked around you could find low cost spay clinics. One near us is charging $5 per cat. No, that's not a typo.
And ditto Red's questions.

I agree, I want her spayed, and I have been telling her that. For a long time. And that I don't want Mika to have kittens. Oh yes, she is a cat.

Last edited:

Maxy24

Mika lives outside right? SHe needs to come in or you'll have a major problem, the kittens will turn feral and you could end up with a colony on your hands. I agree, if it's not too late, get her spayed if I could get my cat spayed for 5 bucks i would get it done in a heart beat. Tell your parents about your concern and that by not spaying her they could be responsible for killing her, not to mention what if she needs a c-section :yikes: , talk about expensive. Your other cats live inside right? What makes Mika different, she's the one who disapeared a little while ago too right, so she's siamese? Siamese are very much people oriented cats and want to be with their family, I have two who suffer mild seperation anxiety when I go on vacation. She needs to be fixed or at least brought inside so the kittens will not die and you can monitor the birth and make sure you can prevent as many problems as possible. I hope you can get through to your parents. If you can find a cheap clinic bring her yourself. If you bring Mika in to your house what will your parents do? Just bring her into your room and say you think she is pregnant and she needs to stay in now or she and her babies could die. I wish you luck!

You mean the kittens will become wild right? So sneak her into my room? I think she is 3 weeks or so in, maybe more.. :( I could put her in my closet, like make her a little place to live. But I know she needs room to run, and play too, and water.. I would hate to stuff her in my closet. (although, it would be better than her being outside.) My closet is pretty clean, and it has a big place in it, but I don't want her to be in there the whole time. But yes, I would get her spayed in a heart beat if there was a clinic that cheap! But I wouldn't know where there would be one. :( I have $20, willing to spend it on my precious kitty. I want to work something out! I got it!!! I could say to my mom, I will only keep her in, until her kittens are born, then she is out again, after he kittens are old enough to leave. Or, tell her to get her spayed, if its not too late. But she won't listen! :mad: She says its too expensive. Or, get a cage, like something she can move around in, and put her in that. Indoors. something like this... http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...1174187353262&itemNo=17&In=Dog&N=2035804&Ne=2

Last edited:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Does your mom know Mika may be pregnant? Does she also know giving a litter of kittens proper care is more expensive than a spay?

Thats what I have been trying to tell her. thank you Momof2pups! She knows I look up a lot of things on the internet about animals. And yes, now she knows she is pregnant, because I brought her in, to show her, and told her it is hurting her modeling career. It really is. It could kill her. :( Poor baby. If Mika goes, the other two will be going sadly too. To a new home, because I don't think I would be able to forgive myself for letting it happen. I can't forgive myself for letting it happen now! :( Ya know what I mean, I have tried, and tried. Seriously. She got the other two spayed/neutered.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ok, spaying is best obviously, but cats usually have a much easier time kittening ( kitty version of whelping) than not....been around enough barn cats to have figured that out. So just keep an eye on her, try to talk your mom into something and keep us updated!

Maxy24

So sneak her into my room?
Not sneak her in but bring her in, set up a place for her, then tell your mom she needs to stay in and that you have a place for her so she can have her babies safely (and you don't have to worry about them multiplying outside) and you see no reason for her to go back out.

Oh, ok, cause I did grow up with many barn cats, and there kittens were fine, but sort of wild, as you guys said. But with my cats, they are going to get the best care. thanks Maxy. :) And everyone else!

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
So your other cats are fixed but Mika isn't right? What is the reason your mom won't fix her? Because it is to expensive? Who brought Mika home if you couldn't afford proper vet care (spaying)? Maybe you should try and find her a home where the new owner can spay and take better care of her :( Maybe you can print out this thread and show your mom ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Ok. I'm going to be honest about what I'm concerned about. I admire your determination about all of this. I think you can work very hard in order to get her spayed and can succeed. My real worry is that something will happen- Mika needs an expensive surgery, an accident happens, or anything, something more expensive than something you can earn yourself, and your parents will have no interest to pay for it. It's just something I was thinking about, that's all.
I mean going through a tough time financial wise is one thing (like we are, but my mom -in addition to me of course- would do anything for our pets), and not particularly caring is another. :(
I just want you to honestly think about it. Not telling you to get rid of all your animals or anything.

Yes, Momof2pups, I understand your point, can your concern. ;) I am also concerned, cause what if she has a miscarriage too? Or the stuff gets stuck in her and can't get the placenta out, and all of that. After this, I am going to do my best, to get this cat spayed, I am going to start getting some money for her. And trying my hardest.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I don't want to have sounded like I was putting you or your efforts down at all. I am very proud of your determination. :) Just naming concerns is all. I so wish you lived near here. There's a $10 s/n for dogs and $5 s/n for cats at a clinic around here.

Members online

No members online now.