One dog per family...

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I was wondering why they couldn't just shoot them if they have to kill them? :confused: Wouldn't it be safer to stand at a distance firing a gun than to be standing right next to a rabid dog, beating it? The dog could easily nail you in the leg and then you'd be infected!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
well they also have a rule in china, i think, that you can only have 1 child due to overpopulation....
but yeah i didnt know about that. Ive always wanted to go to china, but if i cant take at least 3 of my babes with me,I think I'll stay here. lol
The "one child policy" is misunderstood... generally, you're allowed one *boy.* If your first kid was a girl, you can have a second. You can also have more, but you either have to pay a fine or you simply don't recieve government assistance for those additional kids. It also depends on your social status, what kind of family you came from (I believe in Beijing(?), if a girl who's an only child marries a guy who's an only child, they're allowed to have multiple kids, no questions asked... for semi-strange economic reasonings...), and your ETHNICITY as well. There are many areas where non-han chinese are allowed three or four kids without the government so much as batting an eye...
But anyway, it's still a very messed up system and there's still a lot of sex-selective abortions and infantcide going on, and they're trying to encourage THIS but discourage THAT and going about it in the entirely wrong way... But we spent a lot of time studying this in an Asian cultures classes and I cringe a little when people talk about it 'cause it's been presented over in the US as a "one child only for everybody!" type of thing, so I apologize for digressing to babble a little. X3

So I wonder if this "one dog" might not be a similar thing? Probably especially when it comes to rural areas, you're probably allowed multiple dogs to be working dogs and stuff... I'd have to do a lot of looking around and reading to see exactly what's going on.

A lot of neighbourhoods in the US, regardless of city or state laws, also have their own rules about what can and can't fly... in our neighbourhood we're only allowed one dog. We have... three in this household. Oops. But of course, enforcing those rules is really hard and you have to basically take a neighbour to court over it... it's not simple, you know? Plus, even city ordinances can be fought and appealed and stuff... you might not always win but you can definitely fight it.

But Muggie's Mom is right... the stray situation over there is really bad. The problem is general overpopulation but moreso overcrowding specifically into urban areas, as well as economic... um, disorganization is probably the best way to put it? China is a really, really interesting place...

That's not an uncommon law - in Australia you are not allowed to have more than two dogs.
That's not quite true... It's controlled by local government and varies from shire to shire.

Most common in cities is to restrict to two dogs per household, (but additional dogs can be registered with a permit [you know how good these local council are at extracting money from you ;) ]).

In addition there are designated "kennel zones" Southern River/Canning Vale in the Perth area.

pitbulliest

Wouldn't it be easier to lean over an inject the vaccine than beat the dog to death? Humans have an unbelieveable compacity for evil :mad:
As always..I agree with you lol
I was just going to say..its not so much the one dog rule that's bothering me..its how incredibly cruel the government is...they're killing dogs on the street left and right...I just recently read a Blog written by a girl that lives there..she's afraid to take her dog outside during the day time because there have been cases of officials coming up to pet owners and taking their dogs away..its psycho!

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
That's not quite true... It's controlled by local government and varies from shire to shire.

Most common in cities is to restrict to two dogs per household, (but additional dogs can be registered with a permit [you know how good these local council are at extracting money from you ;) ]).

In addition there are designated "kennel zones" Southern River/Canning Vale in the Perth area.
Oh darn it. There's someone else on here from Perth... :D

Yes, I meant except for the special circumstances that you mention - including ones like the lady I work with who has three Pugs and her oldest one is registered in her Mum's name! :cool:

Members online