Pet Store Employee Stupidity

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
jess2416 said:
LOL....:D That is hilarious...Like I told you earlier someone has asked me if Chloe was a Beagle mix before...I have also been argued with that she is a boy...
Whoa! Really? Lmao...I think you would know!:D

Ashlea

Originally Posted by jess2416
LOL.... That is hilarious...Like I told you earlier someone has asked me if Chloe was a Beagle mix before...I have also been argued with that she is a boy...

That is funny! I have been told that Lilly is a BC pup and that she was pregnant! People get very adamant as well. Try and explain to someone that you spayed bitch is not pregnant it is just from her past of being a mill dog!

Fran27

DanL said:
You can't really hold a minimum wage unskilled laborer accountable for knowing everything about every dog breed. Heck, I don't trust the guy in the stereo store to tell me anything, I research it before I buy and know what I'm looking for. Those people are just trying to earn a living. Some know more than others but none know as much as the person who does their homework. I'd know that a dobie isn't a mini pin, and I'd know why it's ears are taped, but I probably would have a hard time telling some of the other breeds apart as pups. Does that make me unqualified for a retail job in a pet store?
Well, I think there is a minimum to know. I work in a bakery and the first thing people expect from you is to know what we're selling. The problem is that too many people don't care enough for their job and are too lazy to actually do a minimum of research to know what they're selling. I think it's sad, really, and definitely not the good way to get a promotion.

DanL

Fran27 said:
Well, I think there is a minimum to know. I work in a bakery and the first thing people expect from you is to know what we're selling. The problem is that too many people don't care enough for their job and are too lazy to actually do a minimum of research to know what they're selling. I think it's sad, really, and definitely not the good way to get a promotion.
That's true- but we don't know anything about this person. Maybe they had only been on the job for a short time. I wouldn't expect you to know every baked good your shop sells the 1st couple days. Maybe you would, thats great, but I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't.

Promotion? At a pet store? THAT is a dream! :) I worked at a petstore when I was in HS and for a couple years afterwards. I was the person who cleaned the cages, gave shots, baths, stocked shelves, basically did all the grunt work. There were not many options for advancement. Full time kennel person? Nah- same pay, just daytime hours. I had a day job too that paid better. Salesperson? No way. I saw what they went thru- commission sales were great in the Christmas season, pretty lean the rest of the year. This is what my wife did when she worked there (we met at that store). She could make 400 bucks one week and 60 the next. Assistant manager or manager? You might as well wait for someone to die or retire, those chances never arose.

Fran27

I wasn't just talking about that employee, but the people in the stereo store etc. And I didn't mean promotion like in getting a better position, but getting a better salary (whatever the word is for that :D). Bottom line, you need to know what you're selling if you even want to keep your job, most of the time.

L

LabBreeder

If you want a really stupid person that knows nothing about dogs. Here's one for ya. My neighbor thought Gunner -

was a PIT BULL!!! How stupid is that?

These are the same people that, no matter how many times I tell them, keep calling Tira a BOY! Can't they see the difference? Can't they listen when you talk to them? Man, where do these people come from?

Members online

No members online now.