If you were to describe yourself in dog terms...

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
How fun!

I am most definitely a cattle dog personality. I am an introvert and do not like being approached by people I don't know. I would be a middle ground personality that leans toward hard. You treat me like crap, no respect for you. Treat me well and I'll give you the shirt off my back. I'll also be there for you and defend you when necessary if you and I are close.

I'm an OCD personality. Things have to be done a certain way and things that belong together stay together.

I'm a medium drive, but if it is something I really want I'm unstoppable. Energy level is medium with a good off switch. I love a good hike, run, horseback ride or just being outside. I also love working cows. I'm also perfectly content with searching the web or watching tv. I do bite sometimes. Land shark for sure. I can be a little ssa as well.

This is a fun thread! I love going through and seeing everyone's self-evaluations.

Aloof/distrustful toward strangers but not unfriendly
Generally independent but bonds closely to some
Very territorial and protective with property (or things perceived to be mine haha) and family
High energy with a less-than-stellar off-switch
Low threshold for frustration/overstimulation (noise, other "dogs")
Sensitive to correction, but liable to try the same wrong behavior thirty times before "getting" it
Extremely toy/play motivated, moderate food drive
Some SSA

Hahaha well that's basically Pippa except I think she has a better off switch than I do!

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I am another cattledog personality. Introvert and misanthropic, I hate everyone in general and only like specific people. Leaning toward hard personality and willing to bite. I always have to be doing something, I can read for hours but absolutely cannot just sit and watch TV without knitting or doing something else with my hands.

Like Brisbane, I have anxiety bad enough to be medicated, would be super active if not for my defective body, and am allergic to everything under the sun.

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
I have to chuckle....Lars and I are exactly like each other. LOL

So...I'll describe the both of us.

Intense and high drive about things we are passionate about. Will work for the sake of the work. But, the work has to have purpose...if there is no purpose, it's pointless and we won't do it.

We both have an off switch where we can chill out when we're not "on."

Very social, outgoing, and confident.

Independent workers that can think and problem solve - likes to learn new exercises.

We both work best in noisy, chaotic environments (Lars does his best at large, louder dog shows and I did my best studying in college in dining halls.)

Resilient and can handle fair corrections well...not a soft personality. Unfair corrections, we fight back. :argue:

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Moderate personality. Not soft, but not hard either.

Moderate energy. Content to lie around, but will go go go when needed. Don't really have an off switch when I get excited.

Not overly social, content to be around people if they don't try to involve me too much when I'm not interested.

Needs more mental stimulation than physical, but gets restless if left in the house all day.

Kid polite, but not kid friendly. Does not tolerate cold weather at all.

Highly territorial and guardy. Will bite if someone breaks in. Do not let outside if there is a cat in the yard.

Extremely loyal if I like you.

Biddable, but sometimes it takes me a while to remember things or understand them. Sucks at math. Do not speak math at me, I will shut down.

Roxie and I are similar, but she's way more outgoing and friendly to people. I'm more outgoing and friendly to other dogs lol. Well, Roxie's more trainable than I am as well. And I don't think she's that territorial, she's not guardy at all (unless there's a cat in the yard). But I suppose she wouldn't like it if someone broke in either. Neither of us like cold weather.

k9krazee

I'm pretty hardy--I take criticism well, I'm a people pleaser and will work hard if I think it's something worth working for.

Medium energy with an off switch.

Love to be around people, just not the center of attention. I can be a bit shy at first and not to be trusted with children. Sometimes I have to be forced out in public, but once I'm out I'm great.

Not a resource guarded, don't even really enjoy "things". Food motivated.

Plays well with like-minded others, otherwise I can be a biggoty biotch

Tendency for separation anxiety.

Rides well in the car. Potential for road rage.

Members online

No members online now.