What do you feed?

Picklepaige

What food does your dog do best on, and what do you feed? Finn is on Wellness CORE puppy formula right now, and he's doing great. It is a bit expensive, and I was buying it from PetSmart for $64, but I found it at Tractor Supply for $54, so that helps a lot. I want to do a rotation, but I'm not sure with what yet.

So what about everyone else?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Whatever is nice quality and on sale. Wesley and Cleo are still on the Go! from that accidental dirt cheap PetcareRX sale, and puppy will be on puppy fromm, courtesy of chaz member's basement food, and then probably various foods, once again, depending on what is good/on sale.

I'm lucky enough to be able to get a better deal on raw than on kibble, and that has been working really well for my dogs.

FG167

We feed raw sometimes. We rotate with kibs. The kibbles we use right now are: Merrick Grain-Free, Earthborn Holistics Grain-Free, Blue Buffalo Grain-Free. I kind of want to try the Costco Kirkland Grain-Free too.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Wellness CORE, right now. I'll end up doing whatever high quality, grain free kibble is on sale when we move, at least until I go raw.

I feed raw though right now they have a bag of TOTW. I planned poorly and was out of my bulk order about a week before the next one comes in. There were plenty of options for other things to get but I was really busy and feeling lazy this weekend so just grabbed a bag of TOTW while at the feed store stocking up on the rest of the animals feed.

Over the years I have been feeding raw (13 almost now) I think I have gone through like 3 bags of kibble.

Red.Apricot

Elsie gets canidae pure land, supplemented with eggs and yogurt, and once a week she gets raw, usually chicken.

Zobby gets kirkland (I don't remember which variety), supplemented with yogurt, and raw once a week, too.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
When I have the liberty to feed what I WANT, its raw prey model all the way. Right now, however, I dont have a freezer and money is tight, so every week I buy a little bag of whatever is under $15 and has a decent ingredient list. I scored 4 bags of Now! which Im delighted with. I like to rotate as often as possible so Ill feed something different all the time, but I like Champion and Fromm as companies, I feel safer with their lacks of recalls and sourcing transparency

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Everything really. Summer is on mostly kibble. Usually Acana regionals of some formula. We also feed raw both premade and 'real' mostly to Mia. Some canned food. Ziwipeak for training meals. Some dehydrated. Mia ate wellness core canned this morning and Summer got Go! Kibble.

I also use some grain in if I like the company/ingredients. We really have little rhyme or reason to our dog food these days.

Toller_08

Dance and Journey eat raw. Mostly ground premade, various brands and proteins. Quite a few RMBs too. And if I forget to thaw something then I have a few different things at home they can eat. Either the Dobermans' kibble (whichever they happen to be eating), Ziwipeak or NRG usually. I also have a small bag of Acana Duck & Pear for Journ just in case (it's the only kibble right now that I've tried that she can eat more than two meals in a row of with no problem - she used to have a super strong digestive system. Not sure what's happened in the last couple of months, so she gets a probiotic now too).

Ripley and Keira have no choice but to stay on a fish diet. As soon as I take them off of fish, even for one bag of food, within a week their skin gets really awful and they start getting yeasty smelling again. So, while I work where I do, they're eating mostly Orijen 6 Fish and doing super well on it, but I've also fed them Acana Pacifica, NV Instinct Salmon and Timberwolf Ocean Blue. I do add raw to their kibble sometimes though, or canned food of different proteins. They appear to do best on the Orijen of all the kibbles I've rotated through so far.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Both Siri and Frodo have been on Canine Caviar for a couple months now (well, Frodo's been on it and off it for about a year now), Frodo gets the Herring and Siri gets whatever flavor I have/want to feed.

Seeing as how this is my last week at Chuck and Don's (aka: last month of free food), I'll be switching Frodo to Acana Pacifica due to price, and Siri will eat whatever I feel like feeding her. Most likely a rotation of Fromm/Acana/Go/Now.

Fortunately I have about 2 months worth of food before I will need to start buying it. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
TOTW for everybody, usually the bison but sometimes if they are out of the bison we grab the other high protein formula (wetlands maybe? I forget.)
Payton also gets Verus which has grains to help him keep weight on.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Switch the boys up sometimes and get whatever I feel like feeding at the time. Was feeding performatrin grain free but found out I can get a 40lb bag of Fromm gold through my work for $38 so I just got a bag of that.

Cricket is currently on zignature lamb l.i.d and seems to be doing well on it so far.

SpringerLover

Buzz eats mostly raw (Bravo Beef) but I've been (successfully) adding in Canine Caviar Herring or Lotus GF Sardine and Pollock for 1/4 to 1/2 his meal!

Gaby is eating CC Lamb and Sojos (freeze dried raw).

Bailey is eating NOW Senior right now. She was on Fromm Game Bird. I'll likely continue to rotate.

I really like NOW, Canine Caviar, and Fromm... hah.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Right now Juno is on Go salmon, due to the pricing error. She'll still be on it for quite a few months lol but I won't continue with it when it's gone. We might go back to raw or give Back To Basics a try. She normally does better on grain inclusive but I like to try things.

Lucy and Happy are both on Fromm Gold. It's good quality, it's cheap, and they do fine on it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Raw. Premade, minced meat offal and bone (and blood). Imagine putting a whole rabbit in a mincer... It's like that. Gross. We feed all different varieties, ranging from beef to tripe to oily fish to chicken mixes. We also give them turkey necks, bones, chickens feet, chicken backs. We suppliment with salmon oil, and cider vinegar honey mix (well, we need to mix some more up when we remember).

Members online

No members online now.