Votes: 29 25.0%
  • I already have kids

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Chicken Fried Rice

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My social life revolves purely around Chazhound members. Ryan is a member here (how we met) and the two people I hang out with are Megan (SpringerLover) and Sara (SaraB). I can't think of anyone who I have socialized with outside of those three...or that didn't involve at least one of those three :lol-sign:

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Just because you have a child and positively impact their life does not mean that you cannot positively impact hundreds of lives.

My mom has been a teacher, first middle school, and now elementary for 38 years. She worked full time the entire time she raised me and has had an extremely positive effect on many, many students over the years. Heck, she is now teaching the children of people she taught in middle school. She did put me first but also put an incredible number of *extra* time into her students. I didn't suffer because she taught full time and her students certainly were not shorted because she was a mother.

Your reproduction is your choice but just know that having a child does NOT necessarily mean giving up making other meaning contributions to other young lives.
Exactly this!

My dad has taught high school for 30 years. He has also been the head coach for football, basketball and softball during those years. Needless to say he has impacted MANY, MANY students throughout the years.

I mean, on Friday's last regular season game the night was meant to be about his seniors and it definitely was. He was surprised and grateful to come out on the field to this sign, which his players made and hung in center field for him. They respect him and know how much he time/love he gives to his players, they wanted to show him they appreciate everything he has done throughout the years.

And while it is true that sometimes the only time I would *really* see him was after a game, I never suffered from it and still don't. Being a head coach of one sport is time consuming enough, but a head coach of 3 sports (on top of your actual teaching job) with 3 kids at home? Major time consuming!

My life growing up literally revolved around going to my dad's games. I can count on one hand the games I've missed over the years.. it isn't many.

And during all that chaos... he still found time to come to 99% of our games (softball, football, basketball - big surprise we chose those sports, huh? lol), church, vacations, helped with school (we were home schooled), etc.

So I agree with this...
Just because you have a child and positively impact their life does not mean that you cannot positively impact hundreds of lives.
(as a side note sillsally - my dad is also teaching/coaching children of former students/players. Crazy, lol)

Members online

No members online now.