Coconut?

I ordered something from GW Little and it came today... in the box were some samples of coconut oil and coconut chips... I dont even know what to do with the oil but I gave the dogs some of the chips and they LOVED them.

Is coconut actually good for dogs? (yes I should have asked before I gave them, but I only gave them a few bites)

Does anyone else feed it to their dogs?

They include a whole list of benefits from it but obviously they are trying to sell it.

So thoughts?!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
It's a great alternative to Fish Oils for dogs who cannot have fish or don't like fish. It's perfectly fine for them and i'm trying to develop some recipes for homemade doggy biscuits for the girls using coconut flour and other coconut products so they can be grain free and hopefully dairy and canola free too.

Bailey08

I don't know about coconut chips, but coconut oil is perfectly fine for dogs. I gave Bailey a little bit every day for a while. It's great for dogs who need to be on low-fat diets for health reasons. It's good for their coats, etc. Just be sure to feed it in moderation (just like for us ;)).

Members online

No members online now.