Fergus's First Disc Comp

I'm making this it's own thread because Fergus.

Fergus came with to his first Disc comp this weekend and I'm so proud of him. Originally he wasn't even going to be able to play since the rule change that dogs 18 months and younger couldn't compete so I was just bringing him so he could get used to the crazy that happens there and since this was a huge comp it was going to be crazy. But on a whim I asked about the rule and was told he could play!

We only did Throw and Catch (You have a minute to get as many successful catches as you can with further out being more points and an extra half point for all four feet off the ground when catching) but I was so impressed with him. I've posted here before about him being a little nervous around new people and dogs and things so I wasn't sure how he was going to handle it being thrown into the deep end like this but he did fabulous. I took him out of the crate to go play off away from people to see if he would even chase the frisbee's with all the stuff going on but to get there I had to get through a ton of tents, people, dogs etc. He didn't even notice them, he was too busy focusing on the fact I was carrying discs.

When it was his turn to compete he was ALL focus. Didn't care about anything else, caught all four of the throws I threw for him, took out a cone and fell on his face for no reason.

So, in all was true to himself and had a wonderful time.

Short video of his catches (and fall). This dog just makes me laugh.

[YOUTUBE]PtaAtQaUAJc[/YOUTUBE]

But it was a ton of fun, I'm glad I went even though I couldn't compete with Didgie. I met up with DJEtzel and got to meet her awesome dogs and then we all headed out for a short dog park trip afterwards. Good day.

He really is such a good dog. We lucked out like crazy with him. And I seriously have never met a goofier dog than him.

DJEtzel

I never would have thought he was nervous around people or dogs after seeing him there! He was like a pro! Definitely the funniest T/C round I've ever seen, too! :D And I will always think of him as Fegis now.

Members online

No members online now.