Colby is for sale

A few months ago, I was at the local park with Colby (canaan dog/jack russell terrier) and May (chocolate labrador retriever). A little girl had stopped me so she could pet the dogs, her mother was watching the soccer game that was going on at the park. A while later, a woman and her son (my Mom knows them, actually) came over and started to pet the dogs, too. Colby, being totally food motivated, and see the woman had in apple in her hand, sat there staring upward with her "I'm starving" look on when suddenly the woman's son goes, "Mom, can we get a dog?" then, "I want that one!" and points at Colby.

I had a similar thing happen with our dogs... My sister in laws neice came over and she's 7 years old and cute as can be.. She just loved all 3 of ours and looked me straight in the eyes and as serious as could be says "Can I have one of your dogs, you have 3 and really that is too many".... I laughed so hard and told her I really couldn't separate them because they are like brothers and sister now. She was like "well I still would like to have one"... Out of the mouths of babes.

Geez, I saw the subject line and was getting prepared to make an offer!! I'd take her in a heartbeat. :D You shouldn't tease me like that! LOL!

Ha ha, no kidding Gaddy! Before I saw that this was in the "dog stories" forum, I was like, "WHAT?!? Gaddy is selling her precious baby!?!?!" lol :D Funny story though. lol

Doberluv

I knew it had to be a joke! You didn't have me fooled this time. (And I'm usually pretty gullible.) That is such a cute story.

I had all four of my dogs with me once. (when Bonnie was still alive) So, there was a purebred Chi, purebred Lab, purebred Doberman and my little Chi mix who's incredibly funny looking, Jose. He's the one with the cool, unique, greyish color. Someone looked at all of them and said, "I want one just like that. Where did you get him?" (pointing to Jose) I said that there isn't one just like that anywhere. He's just Jose. They didn't care a hoot about all these other dogs...just Jose. LOL.

bubbatd

When I took over our Men's clothing store and my Bubba went daily with me, most of the kids thought he was for sale too !!! I have the sweetest picture of 2 young ones asleep on Bubba while their Daddy bought suits ! When we had our gong out of business sale...the girls put him in the display window to nap and stuck a " For Sale " sign on this head ! Cracked us up !

kathisi

Drellie & Venus
What a wonderful workplace to let you take your baby! When I worked in a clothing store I often kept customers children entertained (I brought crayons and toys), but I bet Bubba kept them more occupied than a few coloring books would!

bubbatd

He sure did ! We owned the store....he usually slept behind the counter by the cash registar .....when 2 or 3 people came in and I could tell they were not up to any good as one would lure me to the back of the store....I say " guard" to Bubba. Naturally, he'd raise his big head sigh and put it down again....but the people didn't hang around long !!

Members online

No members online now.