Enlarged heart and other problems...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I am posting this for a friend (don't worry Lucas is fine :)) who is very upset about the diagnoses her vet gaver her.

She rescued this dog from the shelter after being taken from a home of his abusive byb and has had him for about 8 yrs now. The dog is a little, black 13 yr old poodle mix named Dante. Dante had hit his head on the edge of a table and bounced off. At the time he seemed fine, but starting yesterday he was getting sick and they took him to the vet. The vet said he might have a slightly enlarged heart and his vertebrae where moving closer together. I don't believe this is why he hit his head, but it was found while they did an X-ray to make sure their was no damage.

My friend is really close to Dante and wanted me to ask you guys (she is still going to the vet and all, but wants more opinions or suggestions to ask him) if you had any idea for any kinds of treatments she could ask her vet about eithier of those conditions? Also if anyone knows what kind of quality of life she could expect for Dante as things go along? Really any information on either Dante's problems would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Saje

Island dweller
I really don't know but I feel for your friend. Maybe pm renee?

Saje

Island dweller
Oh she knows tons of stuff. Especially alternatives. And if not I'm sure she'll have other advice. :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Saje said:
Oh she knows tons of stuff. Especially alternatives. And if not I'm sure she'll have other advice. :)
Lol of course she does! She's Renee! lol I should've known this lol :p

I'll go pm her right now! Thanks! :) :)

Members online

No members online now.