Burying bones

k9krazee

Crossbone is the only dog I've ever seen bury a bone (or many bully sticks..) and then re-dig it up later.

It was incredibly amusing at first but now it happens every time. He's in the yard now burying his large raw marrow bone. And will probably dog it up in a few weeks and expect to bring the nasty thing back in the house.

Ugh. This is why he can't have nice things! :p

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Moses does the same thing... but he usually forgets about it and I find it later. Whenever he gets a dehydrated beef trachea, he'll try hiding it in his mouth (basically resembling a chipmunk) and will wait by the door, thinking that I'll let him out to go hide it.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey would bury them when she was younger.

Then she got older (probably once she hit 6 or 7) and decided there's no meed to bury them, the rain will do the same thing.

Fun fact: some chews, even after they're rained on, look the same. Until you go to pick it up at your dog's begging and its all just mush. But your dog will be standing there laughing at you as you scream EWWWW.

Or maybe my dog is just an asshole :p

Snark

Mutts to you
Better to dig up a marrow bone than a mummified raccoon carcass (with pieces dropping off). Just sayin'...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Arnold loves to do that! He once buried a goat head for a couple weeks. lol it's... Gross. Now that its banned he will bury them in the couch or bedding or anything and always tears his nose open doing so.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Better than burying them IN the house. Rider will run around the house with a bone or antler SCREAMING looking and then will dig into the couch, under pillows, into the recliner, in the dog bed, or in our bed, and "bury" it. He even goes as far to make sure it is covered and kicks at it too when he's done.

He's very weird.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
LOL, Sienna 'buries' things in the house, too. It keeps me entertained while I'm working...she has two beds, and will 'bury' a bone in one, then notice that the cat can see her. So she goes all stealthily to the other bed and buries it there. Then realizes the cat can see her again. So back to the first bed...the best part is that the cat could care less about her nasty ol' bones. :rofl1:

Staff online

Members online