A clear up.

This is to clear up this topic
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17133&page=5

Yes I should not have said the dog breed should be ban. What I should have said is this dog should be taken Very seriously. This dog could be kept in a community or a city but If you give them the right training a socialization.They will do good.

I just got very pissed when I saw owners with the dog in a community and I saw the aggression (Used by the breeder aggregation) of this dog to a man just walking by, and car passing and a kid just wanting to pet the dog.

However, I really do not like the aggression level (Used by the breeder aggregation) of this dog. I am just saying that much aggression is not needed even if you are guarding a sheep or anything.

If you think you need this much protection they really should have a license for this breed of dog. In addition, should only let breeders sale them. Do not put them in shelters or pet stores. If so, fine them if they are not a breeder.

If you know the breed aggression (Used by the breeder aggregation) cannot be controlled do not take the risk of letting them get into the wrong hands.As with any breed of dog.

I know other breeds have gotten bad reps. but due to this breed and even with good training that, the breed aggression level (Used by the breeder aggregation) cannot be control. Even a breeder of this breed of over 5 years says this “do not take the risks make sure this is the breed you want”. Hands downs with out a question that is a beautiful breed of breed of dog.

However, that does not mean go and say "Hey that dog is very pretty I’ll think I’ll have him/her as a pet" or "Hey they seem to make a good guard dog for my home when I’m away". Make sure you know the dog’s temperaments. Sadly, some people do not do that.

In addition, say I do want a cane Corso as you can see I and doing my research on the dog. However, I may not get one due to I am a first time owner. Yes, I have trained one before but I never owned one. In addition, if I do I will make sure I give him/her the right training a socialization him/her needs.

All I am saying is make sure you know what your are getting into when you get this breed (Caucasian Mountain Dog).

Sorry if I offended any one.

Last edited:

Richie12345

Look, you cannot make any assumption on the breed unless you have seen dogS of that breed. I hate it when somebody says "This breed is bad" without even meeting more than one dog of the breed.

Don't forget that the information you've been reading might have been biased also!

Other than that, I'm glad you made this thread :)

Did you see anything in my post saying it is a bad breed no.So stop trying to start things up.

Last edited:

Richie12345

MOODYGIRL said:
Did you see anything in my post saying it is a bad breed no.So stop trying to start things up.
Don't worry, I'm just trying to make sure other people reading this thread won't do anything like that (saying that a breed should be banned) again.

T

tessa_s212

MOODYGIRL said:
I don't think he was trying to be rude at all(or stir things up). :)

BTW, all throughout your entire first post on this thread you ranted about this breed's aggression. Maybe that isn't directly saying that the breed is "bad", but it certainly looks like that is the point you are trying to get across.

***My post was not meant to be rude at all. When I was typing, I was not angry, frustrated, etc.***

lol ok. Oh ok I fix it.
But I did meet one they had one at our kennel. when I went over to her room she was just a little to hyper & big for me.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
A well-bred Caucasian should not even be as aggressive as you described... that's like somebody taking an unsocialized, badly bred, abused pitbull and then releasing it or doing something to where it SHOWS the aggression it, like any other dog, is capable of.

A Caucasian needs a firm, experienced owner. That is all. No licenses or BS like that.

Richie12345

MOODYGIRL said:
lol ok. Oh ok I fix it.
But I did meet one they had one at our kennel. when I went over to her room she was just a little to hyper & big for me.
it is a working breed :rolleyes:sometimes working breeds can give me headaches, lol

R

RedyreRottweilers

Moodygirl, I asked you a list of pertinent questions on another thread since you are considering a Cane Corso.

Did you get a chance to look at that and write down some answers?

If you don't KNOW the answers to the questions, it would be good to do some research on the net and find them out. That is one of the first steps to getting to know a breed.

Y

yuckaduck

Richie1234 said:
it is a working breed :rolleyes:sometimes working breeds can give me headaches, lol
Working breeds require experienced handlers and owners. They also require on going obedience work whether they are working or not. They always need to know who is alpha in the pack and constantly be reminded of it. I have two working dogs, that are not working like they are meant too be and I know that they require alot more then a lap dog does. I would not trade it for the world though because their activeness keeps me going. That is why I am starting a breeding program with working german shepherds.

Now on the breed in question on this thread....no comment; I have never met one, or if I did it made no impression on me, because I do not remember.

RedyreRottweilers said:
Moodygirl, I asked you a list of pertinent questions on another thread since you are considering a Cane Corso.

Did you get a chance to look at that and write down some answers?

If you don't KNOW the answers to the questions, it would be good to do some research on the net and find them out. That is one of the first steps to getting to know a breed.
I read a few thing so. I'm not getting a kid right now. Maybe in the next 2 years. I need to talk with some breeders first.Get a some books.I have looked at a few sites and saw some info but they are all different.

And I have a friend who has one so I will ask him a few things. I will just wait on getting cane right now.

lucille

Well, maybe it is time for a calm reality check.
Fear mongering is not good, but it IS OK to realize that certain breeds can and do cause more injuries than others if the owners are not responsible(again, we are not speaking of trained dogs for guard and personal protection)

Different dogs ARE different.

I mean, when is the last time you saw a bunch of grannies crowding around a ring fighting their teacup poodles with little sweaters on?

It is my FIRM belief that if we
1) educate people and
2) realize that different dogs DO have different propensities for all sorts of things because they were bred to do different jobs (after all, how would you like a team of Chihuahuas pulling your sled?)

We will be well on our way to building a strong dog community. In addition, if we unwaveringly stress OWNER RESPONSIBILITY we can deflect any breed specific legislation.

Juicy

oriondw said:
Yeah honestly this thread isnt any better.

First post is just fear mongering.
ditto and orion don't really agree on things, but i agree on this 100%, and why couldn't this be on the other thread, why does this need to be another thread itself?

RD

Are you dead yet?
You know, the bottom line is that these are dogs we're talking about. They are working dogs, but dogs nonetheless. You speak of them like they're dragons or something, lol. I'm sure tey require a more experienced and determined handler due to their drive, working instinct and strong personalities, but I highly doubt that they are as impossible to live with as you make it sound.

bubbatd

This has been hashed and rehashed.....let's not stir up the beehive again. Temperment goes back to the breeding , not the breed.

oriondw

user not active
bubbatd said:
This has been hashed and rehashed.....let's not stir up the beehive again. Temperment goes back to the breeding , not the breed.
I dont understand what this has to do with Caucasians...

Would you like to explain?

Members online