Frozen tripe vs canned tripe question.

whackichic

My friend is adamant he won't feed raw. He has given his finicky dog the canned tripett and likes it and had no reactions to it. . I have greentripe.com frozen tripe and need to get rid of some of my next order as my freezer is full to capacity. I asked him if he would like to try and and he is unsure how it compares to tripett. I told him that raw feeders use tripett with their raw diets. Does anyone know if the frozen tripe is almost the same as the canned tripe. I know its heated in the canning process but they say the nutrients are intact. Can he mix the thawed frozen tripe in with the kibble like the canned or should he feed 10-12 hours apart like raw and kibble?
Thanks everyone in advance.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
There isn't a need to feed raw and kibble separately in the first place, though I never feed any of my raw meats frozen- they are all defrosted. As for what the difference is between canned trippet and the green tripe- I have no idea. :)

pacopoe

I've never fed the canned tripe (or even seen it, actually) but I feed the frozen green tripe (the kind you have) all the time.

In looking over their site really quick I don't really see much of a difference between the two products so if his dog does well on one it should so well on the other. If he mixes the tripett in the kibble with no ill consequences I'm sure he could so the same with the frozen without an issue. If it were me I'd space it out like you mentioned, but every dog is different (my dog explodes if I mix the two... actually he just explodes if he eats kibble in general). If he's used to handling tripe in a can the biggest issue he may face is a food handling one... not for the feint of heart! :p

A little OT, but why is he so adamant against feeding raw? If his dog is a finicky eater then switching to raw will solve that problem in a heartbeat... then again, this is coming from someone who swears by raw so you need to take the source into consideration ;)

whackichic

He's set in his ways. He says there is not enough research out there to persuade him away from kibble. He also believed Eukanuba was a good food and the company had done research and so on and son on. At least I was able to provide "research" and now he feeds Natural Balance duck & potato. One of his dogs has colitis and another has a kidney disease and needs low protein.
He put the tripe in his food tonight and the dog spit kibble out on the floor. I said you know your boy might be a raw dog. That was the end of the convo. I should have brought Deniro with me to show him how well he is doing but its darn near freezing out in his neck of the woods (Nikki-he's near Clayton brrrr) and he would have sat in the garage. Next time maybe.

Nikki I thought kibble digested slower than raw and that's why it should be fed at different times.
I can't wait for my Xcaliber green tripe stuff to arrive.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
No, if you search you'll find we've had the kibble vs. raw digestion talk before. :) My dogs got kibble in their dinner last night and all is still well. :)
And brr is right.. I can't believe how cold is gets down there... *shivers*

I feed raw and kibble in the same meal all the time and my dogs have never had any problems. I use the Tripett out of convenience. I'm sure there isn't really much of a difference between the canned and the frozen other than the canned being in a more ground consistency. So I'm sure your friend can switch between the two with no problem.

Members online

No members online now.