The Good News thread

Saeleofu

What do you have to lose? And what do you have to gain?
Everything. And also everything.

This is actually NOT zoo related, but does involve moving halfway across the country in 6-8 weeks :yikes:

I'd at least have a place to live if it backfires, though.

Entirely too true!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

This is actually NOT zoo related, but does involve moving halfway across the country in 6-8 weeks :yikes:

Entirely too true!
You've been wanting to move anyways. I say go for it. You never know what zoo related career could pop up while you were out there.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I could be completely wrong since I only know you online, but except for when you talk about your job, you honestly sound very unhappy with where things are in your life right now. And even though you love your job, it doesn't really provide you with what you need to improve on the things that have you unhappy. You've been talking about picking up and leaving anyway... how is this opportunity different?

It seems to me the only thing you really have to lose is the status quo - which isn't making you all that happy anyway. Does that make it scary? Yes. Does that make it bad? No.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

If I have to move halfway across the country in about 4 weeks, you do, too! :D

We can be "picking up and leaving my comfort zone" buddies.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
When I moved to Colorado it was on an impulse, with only the stuff I could pack in an hour and fit in my car. I had a place to sleep and that was all I knew.

It's turned out pretty good for the most part. You can do it! :)

My legs seem to be working normally enough that snowboarding tomorrow should happen! I need to get out and away and since I'm the bottom rung of skill in our group, I usually get to ride on my own the whole day.

Locke

My baby gecko is developing really nicely. He just needs to grow, but I quite like him this size.

His side patterning is creeping higher and higher

and his head and crests are nice

I love him

Grab

I married the training director to my IPO club last weekend. That has been rip-tearing around the IPO community like whoa.
Are training directors not allowed to get married these days? :p Tell people to mind their business :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I am this close to signing a huge contract for illustration of children's books. I just emailed my amended contract to them.

So excited for this. So. Excited.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks everyone! I've been waiting a long time and been working hard for years to get my foot in the door for this kind of work. AND, the books are dog-related! Can't say much more than that just yet. I'll be making the official announcement on my FB page as soon as they announce my involvement publicly. :)

I'll be doing this one under the AlliePets label, but if it takes off I hope to start doing this kind of work under my own label. OMG, I'm so professional now. Four years of hard work is paying off in droves now!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Thanks everyone! I've been waiting a long time and been working hard for years to get my foot in the door for this kind of work. AND, the books are dog-related! Can't say much more than that just yet. I'll be making the official announcement on my FB page as soon as they announce my involvement publicly. :)

I'll be doing this one under the AlliePets label, but if it takes off I hope to start doing this kind of work under my own label. OMG, I'm so professional now. Four years of hard work is paying off in droves now!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

Slightly jealous, but mostly super stoked!

Saeleofu

Thanks for the support guys, you're all awesome <3

As it happens...there's a clinic hiring a full-time veterinary receptionist in this city I'm looking at moving to if everything goes as planned. With benefits. I'm working on an ass-kickin' cover letter now ;) (This is not the big offer I got yesterday, this would just make accepting that offer easier ;) If anyone is REALLY curious feel free to PM me, I just don't want to jinx it and put it all out in public at the moment :/)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Got to talk to Mike. :)

And he reminded me that I get to see him next week. :D

And it is sinking in just a bit more that in three weeks I will likely be getting ready to head south to FINALLY be with him again. He's been gone since the end of July and I am so ready to start our next chapter.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I sold two cars today and my legs are working like legs again, so I'm going snowboarding in the morning! I am really going to have to find something this athletic and regular for the off-season.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yay for great opportunities for Chazzers! :D

My good news: my dogs are being awesome tonight and I've got fresh goose marinading in the fridge for dinner tomorrow. :D :D :banana:

Members online

No members online now.