Facebook Down?

Errrrrrrr, Anyone with Firefox will know what I'm talking about at first here, but I click on "Facebook" from the start up tab, it says "connecting..." on the tab, the load icon will change to that green whirl, but as it goes to pull up the page instead it pops up with "Problem loading page" Timed out error, :mad:!!! Anyone else having problems with Facebook right now?! It's royally maddening me at the moment! I cleared out cookies, I'm going to do a computer sweep too to clean out Temp files, don't know what else to do. I have IE, but refuse to use it, besides it's where my mother signs into her phony Facebook account and I don't want to mess with things.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I haven't had any trouble there. Trouble here but not there.

Okay, just asked my mother if she could get to Facebook on her laptop, No go! Now I'm wondering if it's my internet connection, I just did a "Disk clean-up" and that didn't help either? When it comes up with the Timed out error, it says that the page is taking too long to load and has stopped, would I like to try again, ugh.

I STILL can't get on! AHHHHH!!!! Beyond frustrated right now, I'm going to have messages built up SO bad tomorrow, this is stupid and insane Facebook!

Lyzelle

Can you get on mobile? It might be your internet.

Or they might be changing things. Again. Because FB loves doing that.

W00T!!! Got it back :hail:!!!

Can you get on mobile? It might be your internet.

Or they might be changing things. Again. Because FB loves doing that.
Nope, I'm not allowed to use that feature on my new phone, it's set up for pay-per use prepaid, and is really for "urgent calls only". Not like Facebook is that important, but it does drive me insane when something isn't working on MY computer and I've done everything in my power, yet no one else is being affected, I'm sure we've all been there at some point.

ERRRRRRR!!!!!!! Once again this morning Facebook wont pull up! This is the only other site I have problems with, and you all know why, seriously the is ridiculous and outrageous! If it's still not accessible by noon I think I need to put in a call to our ISP. I *could* try my phone, but not only do I not know how to use that feature, I'd have to hike 1/2 mile or more up hill all the way, not while I have the crud, just been a $*** eaten week all this week! Can it end now?!

I got on just fine. Someone on the Lab forum couldn't get on either, tho.
Okay, this is interesting, I just tried again on IE, and when it couldn't pull up the page it did pull up a "diagnostic option" so I clicked on it. It said that my connection to HTTP and HTTPS was running just fine, BUT, it could not go to FTP, said something about possibly a 3rd party or firewall blocking it, since my mother also can not get on it on her own laptop this leaves me to believe that it IS a problem with our ISP. Let me ask you, could you ask that person what ISP they use? I'm using a company called Frontier, maybe that is the problem?

ETA: This is the exact message I'm getting from Internet Explorer -
Windows did not detect any problems with your Internet connection over HTTP and HTTPS, but was not able to make a successful connection over FTP. The most likely cause of this problem is that a firewall client running on your machine is blocking the necessary FTP ports.

Last edited:
Facebook mystery solved, but it doesn't help me one bit! Called the phone company, and got a recorded apology message that they are sorry but one of Facebooks latest updates wasn't compatible with their system, or something like that, but they are "working to fix the problem", ugh!

Members online

No members online now.