Maybe my favorite Winnie picture!

EddieF

Did some bird training this morning and got lucky with two really wonderful pictures of Winnie. I like the composition of the farther away shot best, but the closer one is nice too I think.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Is she a spunoni italiano? I probably butchered that spelling. I think she is a beautiful dog and a beautiful color.

EddieF

Is she a spunoni italiano? I probably butchered that spelling. I think she is a beautiful dog and a beautiful color.
Good guess, but she is a Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla. A friend of mine has a Spinone, really cool dog. And sometimes people who meet Winnie guess Spinone. Same shape of facial hair, different coloring.

elegy

overdogged
lovely pictures! i didn't know vizslas came in wirehaired. she's a beautiful dog.

Romy

Taxiderpy
She's such a beauty! We've got a griff and people guess spinone a lot with him too.

Do you hunt with her? Or is that her walking gear?

EddieF

She's such a beauty! We've got a griff and people guess spinone a lot with him too.

Do you hunt with her? Or is that her walking gear?
I'm working on hunting. Never trained a gundog before but I'm having fun. This was a training day - got a few chukar for her to find and point. But since she is deer colored, this time of year if she is running fields I make her wear orange. Better safe than sorry.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I'm working on hunting. Never trained a gundog before but I'm having fun. This was a training day - got a few chukar for her to find and point. But since she is deer colored, this time of year if she is running fields I make her wear orange. Better safe than sorry.
No kidding! We've got to get a vest for Charlie too. He's our first gundog so if you've got any training tips send them my way, lol. I love the expression on your girls face. She looks very thoughtful.

EddieF

Are all WHV coat that long?
No. The dog named Ivan on this site is a nice example of a wirehair with a beautiful coat: Hungarian Wire-Haired Vizslas

Another great gallery of wires here: Vizsla- Zöldmáli Wirehaired Hungarian Vizsla Kennel

Being such a young breed there is still a lot of variation. Winnie has more coat than usual, and it's not ideal from a field standpoint - she is a MAGNET for burrs!!

But I think she's beautiful and I wouldn't change a single thing about her!

Members online

No members online now.