Terra,a special great dane

nicco

Wolfpack
This is the story of one of Amira's puppies.Her name was Terra.She was the last puppy that we had given away.She was so crazy,that dog.I remember that in the park she just got dirty in the mud whenever it rained.And when we came back home from our walk she went straight into the bathroom and never wanted to come out.She just loved the water.I just miss her so much...
We just wanted her to be with the right owners (2 great danes in the house was too much for us...and we felt so bad because of that).And so we posted some adds...And a couple answered (they also had a poodle).They came to our house and saw her and they liked her very much.But there was something about those people.I don't know what.But I felt it wasn't right.But we gave her to them.And I cryed and prayed all night long,I couldn't sleep.And the next day I cryed too...Until there was a phone call from them telling my mom that they couldn't keep her because the landlord didn't allow big dogs in the house.I was so happy.I jumped for joy!I don't know what the real story was (I was a kid and I felt that something wasn't right with that people),but I was happy that Terra was alright and she came back to me.
After a few days we found the right owners for her (I think) because my soul was in peace and I let her go.I don't know how well she had been with those owners....
The first time I saw her was after 5 or 6 months.She didn't recognize me at first,she even barked at us.She was so suspicious.I was laughing at her...and suddenly I put my arms around her neck and she sniffed me behind my ear and, I don't know what she smelled, but it made it clear that I was familiar to her and she started to lick me and to jump on me...I knew then that she had remembered.I was so happy....But the happiness doesn't last very long...Since then we've met only a couple of times and each time she seemed to me such a sad dog...I don't know...I've heard that the owners didn't socialized her enough...they were just sufocating her...I think that they had taken care of her too much.Before Terra they had another great dane (just like her) that died at just 1 year of age (because of a stupid accident).And they were devastated.And I think that's why they were so careful with Terra...Every time I saw her she had a sad face...My mom said the same thing...
But she didn't live long...She died last year...She was 4 years old...she had cancer (I believe it was bone cancer)...
I keep wondering if we kept her (which we couldn't)...but if we had the possibilities to keep her would she ever died at the age of 4?...
I don't know...maybe...
I also have a little story about her and Amira.Me and my father decided once to go with both of them near a river...And we went...And there were some cows...Terra was so curiouse about the cows so she went to see what kind of creatures were that?We called her and we told her to come back but she didn't listen...Then I saw Amira who went straight to Terra and she positioned herself between the cow and Terra.The fur on Amira's back became ruffled and it was like she was threatening the cow.You could swear that she was saying "Back off!Don't you hurt my baby!" I couldn't believe it.Thank God nothing bad happened.Amira came back safely with Terra and I congratulated her for being such a brave mom.I just couldn't believe my eyes...
Terra was such a good dog.She will always be missed
Hope I didn't bore you with this very BIG post :eek: lol
Nicco :cool:

nicco

Wolfpack
chazhound said:
Cows are cool... I sure miss living in the country :(
And why (may I ask) don't you live where you are pleased?
Is it because of the work?
Oh well...maybe someday you'll be where you want to be... :)

Members online

No members online now.