Finally!!!

I did it! It happened!!! YAY!!!!! My daddy came home early from work yesterday so I grbbed OC and Ronin, got my sled down from the roof of the garage, and went SLEDDING!!!!!! I was sooo happy!!! Even got pics!!!!

Woohoo! Look at us go! *I'm crouched low for less wind resistance*

C'mon boys! Almost there!

Truck for cookies!!! Good boys get cookies!!!! (what I say when we're REALLY close to the finish so the dogs know they can put whatever energy is left into the pull since it's almost over). They got baited water with hot dogs yummy!

My mum with the boys

Me with my special boy. This is just before I almost passed out from lack of sugar and nutrients *note to self: NEVER eat nothing all day then go for a 3mile run in the cold*

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
I think my dogs would just look at me like I was stupid if I wanted them to pull me! Good looking dogs... and I bet those boys got lots of cookies in the end :)

PuppyNames

Foster's Mama
Wow, great pics! I'm not much of a snow girl (being from San Diego and all) but that does look like fun.

Gorgeous pups, too! Glad you guys had fun.

Dixie

The ***** idiot
Wow great pics. When you said sledding I thought you went like in a toboggan type sled off your roof. LOL

As for you passing out - are you diabetic by chance???
I know what it feels like to not eat anything then go run in the cold for 3 miles. (AR state Cross Country Meet 2002 - Fayetteville, AR.) I ran the advanced class, ran on empty stomach. Finished 3 miles in 17 mins and 46 seconds. I was sprinting for the last 800 meters. I passed out after crossing the finish line. Woke up in the back of an ambulance to them starting a IV fluid line. Spent 3 hrs in the ER up there replacing fluids and getting my BGL above 30 (it stays around 60-70 on BGL meter). Needless to say I was awarded athlete of the year for that being the only one to pass out after doing the victory thing.

Thanks guys!! :D

Allyse, you'd be surprised how much dogs take to pulling (even non-nordic breeds). I've seen teams of great danes, corgis, poodles, border collies, staffys, basically if it loves to pull it has a chance at in-harness work! You deffinately can't force a dog to pull (if they don't want to they just simply won't - some lie down and refuse to move, others just trot along at just the right spot so they're niether pulling, nor getting dragged along by the neckline) but it's hard to get a puller to stop pulling LOL

Dixie, no I'm not diabetic (thankfully), just had nothing in my body at all to get energy from. Got home, drank some coke and was all better :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
They both look so happy! That's the first time I've seen Ronin, he's gorgeous!

If this snow keeps up here, I just may rig up some sort of harness for Aubrey and have her pull me around the yard on my lunch tray sled.

Barb04

Super Moderator
What great pics. Looks like you had a good time sledding. You're dogs are so magnificent looking.

Members online