I should know better than to give someone on craigslist advice...

Domestika

I just had to post this. It was kind of funny.

Someone posted a few days ago on craigslist in my area in the pets section. Well, you can read the post here: http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/pet/953498283.html

But to summarize, this dog owner has a lab that has a torn ACL. They can't afford the TPLO surgery and are looking for other ideas. Their alternative, basically, is to surrender the dog.

So....I NEVER do this...but working in the animal health industry I had an idea that perhaps they hadn't considered.

I contacted the poster and said, in summary: "If you're for sure unable to afford a TPLO surgery and you don't want to give up or euthanize your dog...the only other thing I can think of is having the leg amputated. It's not nice, but it's cheaper than a TPLO and the dog will be with you and alive at least."

Extreme? Yes. But...I work at a hospital where I see people faced with these sorts of situations every day. If you can't afford a 4000$ for your 2 year old dog and your alternative is euthanasia...maybe a 1000$ amputation and rehab is a viable option? Dogs can do well with 3 legs.

Here is what I got back for a reply.

"that would be stupid and mean"

Then I received a second email:

"your a f***ing psyco"

Then a third:

"i feel bad for yur husband"

Then a fourth:

"you should use a dildo. yur a psyco to tell me to do that"

:rolleyes:

I didn't even bother replying. There's no reasoning with people like that. Poor dog. :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
Whoa.... that's just freaky. o_O

Poor pup.

And while, yeah. amputation is extreme - I definitely see your point about it being a viable option.

BrownFCR

I frequently see posts on CL from people giving some story to try to raise money. Bet that's what they're trying to do. Scamming. Well, you tried to help.

Members online

No members online now.