Got anouther ugly dog comment today

ACooper

Why do people use their dogs as their egos these days? I don't get it! Who would even think to say something so rude and why was it even necessary?:confused:
I totally agree with this SP.........it seems like some people DO use dogs as a boost for their own egos these days, sort of like what name brand you wore in high school, or what car you drive :rolleyes:

Pixie, we can ALL tell you that Maggie is adorable (and she is) but what matters is what YOU see when you look at her..........I bet you see love and adoration right along with that adorable little face :)

So that rude lady can take a flying leap!

bubbatd

I was a " Golden snob " !!! You know something ? Ollie gets as many nice compliments as my purebreds did !! I always have windows in the car open enough for him to smile at other cars . From the rear window he gets a toot and a wave , from the sides he gets hi pup ! I love dog lovers !!

B

BRTLover

So we were talking and she goes "No offense but your Cocker doesent have the cutest face like most" :yikes:. I could have slapped the woman!!! So I just said I thought my girl was not only adorable but beautiful. And she just kind of snorted all superior like :yikes:. So instead of causing a big scene I walked away with my "ugly dog".

I swear if I had a nickel for everytime someone called Maggie ugly or badly bred I would...have a whole lot of nickels. People just irk me.

You are better then I am because I would have slapped her. I am not sure how many people have called my Krosha ugly and we have only had her a couple of weeks. I think she is beautiful and it is beyond rude for someone to say such ignorant things.
It makes no difference what someone else thinks; only matters what you think.
Too me all animals are beautiful! They are the most forgiving, loving creatures on earth. They are much better then humans!;)

Paige

Let it be
Calling other people's dogs ugly is not right. It's not like I come up to people and say "You know, your face isn't as cute as most people of our race". That'd be asking for a butt kicking.

shazbot

not so newby
WOW what a grade A b!tch. I would've said no offence but you don't have the cutest face of women your age either...

ACooper

WOW what a grade A b!tch. I would've said no offence but you don't have the cutest face of women your age either...
:lol-sign::lol-sign::lol-sign:

KA BOOOOOOOOOOM!! Out of all the comments so far, I think this may be my favorite one!!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I can't believe someone would actually say that! I have to say that I have always looked at Maggie and thought--what a pretty and unique looking dog! So I agree with Jess, we need more pictures!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Erm, I may be in the minority here at least, but there are quite a few dogs I find physically unappealing. :eek:

But I would NEVER tell someone their dog is ugly! That is just plain rude! If I think something negative I just keep it to myself. They like their dog, they think it is cute and that's all that matters. Plus, for the most part, if they have a good personality that trumps looks any day! :)

Picklepaige

Your dog is adorable, don't let anybody tell you she is ugly!

Off topic: Babyblue, could it be that someone besides me likes Wolf's Rain!?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Off topic: Babyblue, could it be that someone besides me likes Wolf's Rain!?
Yes! :D LOL

Actually, I know at least one other person (but I'm sure there's one more person too) who likes wolf's rain! In fact, they named their dog after a character in that anime! haha!

Their dog is a great dane named Cheza, can't remember the username right now. :/ Then Cheetah has a dog named Shippo, if you know the anime with Shippo the fox kid thing person in it? Inuyasha. lol

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Maggie is very cute! D: I agree, that this lady sounds like a complete breed snob. I hate that. I mean, Petsmart is not a freaking dog show, and she is not a judge.

A lot of people have made snide comments about Gonzo. They have called him a "funny-looking Border Collie", and a mix (some people have actually guess Pit mix... WHAT?!), and "unique" in a sarcastic tone. Usually, they are the ones carrying around a trembling, undersized Yorkie or a "Poo". There have also been people have who stopped me to ask what breeder I got him from, because they were looking for a working BC and liked his type! The thing is, different people have different opinions - but I think it is just stupid and rude to make hurtful comments about a dog's appearance.

Personally, I call almost anyone's dog cute. Almost every dog IS cute, just in different ways.

Picklepaige

Cheza is the white great dane, isn't she? I noticed that awhile ago, but didn't say anything. I've never met anyone who has even heard of it before, lol. I don't watch Inuyasha, so I'm not familar with Shippo.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Cheza is the white great dane, isn't she? I noticed that awhile ago, but didn't say anything. I've never met anyone who has even heard of it before, lol. I don't watch Inuyasha, so I'm not familar with Shippo.
I watched Inuyasha late nights on Cartoon Network when nothing was on. Can't say I'm a big fan of the show, but it's not bad.

Yup, Cheza is the white Great dane. :) I had to PM her and ask cause curiosity got the best of me :p lol

Yeah, most people I know don't watch any anime's, but I love them! Use to love the old Naruto's, but less interested in it now. I'm working my way through wolf's rain right now. ;)

Picklepaige

Naruto got waay too long and confusing for me. I just quit 'cause I got lost. Ooh, the ending of Wolf's Rain is amazing =D.

Members online

No members online now.