Sh*t people say

RD

Are you dead yet?
:eek: Nobody asked me that when I was a redhead.

Then again I had a mean look about me then. And rightly so would've knocked their teeth out.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Ah, so many things.

Why do you want to help animals but not people?

Why would you move so far away from your family for a boy?

Why don't you just get a job?

(Reality: my immigration status is not worked out so that I can legally work, but people STILL do this after it is explained to them and it makes me want to punch them in the mouth area)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
"You're Hispanic? Wow, you don't sound like it!"

I've gotten that several times, and I hate it. It's amazing how many people think that all Hispanics sound like a George Lopez stand-up. Accents are not genetic! Good lord, I don't even know how to speak Spanish! Why in the world should I have a Spanish accent?

Zhucca

Lab Love
I work in entry level construction in a tower so every morning we all squeeze into elevators to be carted off onto the floors (ratio of women to men is 55-1200) So sometimes my butt is inadvertently backed into some dudes' crotch. I've heard "Oh, that's just my hammer/marker/pen/drill/pipe/caulking gun in my pocket/toolbelt so many times. hur dur dur, clever boys.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
"omg you're family is from Haiti?! You're so pretty though! You don't even look Haitian!!" "wow you are so smart! It's like you're white!" "OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY YOU HAVE EPILEPSY! I want a dog!!" "you are so lucky that you just have a pretty tan color!" "do you get seizures when you watch tv?" "how come you have pretty hair if you are mixed?" "wow your tongue is pierced! Does food get stuck in it? Does it get infected?" "why are you reading the book? There is a movie about it..." "hey do you know him? He's from Haiti too!" "well epilepsy sucks, but at least you don't look ugly or have a wheelchair or anything"

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
" it's all part of gods plan" in the face of tragedy.
all that makes me think is that 1. You are a n insensitive and 2. If he exists, so is he.

Doberluv

I don't even know where to begin, there are so many. So, if I find out, (where to begin that is) I'll let you know.

Somebody once asked me where my family was from and I said Spain, and she was like "Oh, so your puerto rican than?" ...what.

And then there's always the "You are so lucky you get to miss school so much!" or extra nosy people "OMG you are so behind, you're probably failing all your classes! Do you even understand the homework? Are you going to get held back? Are you going to graduate??"

K

Kristen1980

Because I live in L.A

"You must see lots of celebrities all the time"

No I don't. I don't go looking for them and I don't camp out in Hollywood!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
BWAHAAHAHAHA

DOG! HEY DOG!! *click click click* OMFG.

If I hear that ONE MORE TIME.

For f*cks sake, he's WORKING!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Oh, what's wrong with his eye?? Is he blind??

A) he's a SHE - note the BRIGHT FUGGIN PINK COLLAR! And B) no, its just blue.

Oh you did zoology, does that mean you can work in a zoo??

And lastly... Any reference to 'baby P' whilst I'm working as a means to imply social workers kill children. The frigging parents murdered that child, not the social worker. Take your references and shove them, you're a **** parent and no amount of hating me for trying to protect your child is going to make me stop doing my work. And just because I'm a social worker, it doesn't give you the automatic right to swear and shout at me with no consequence..... Dick.

:D

RD

Are you dead yet?
BWAHAAHAHAHA

DOG! HEY DOG!! *click click click* OMFG.

If I hear that ONE MORE TIME.

For f*cks sake, he's WORKING!
*slits wrists*

I have countless people do this to me.

Random stranger: TCK TCK TCK. Hey pup. Hi puppy. Tck tck! Oh, do you wanna say hi? Oh you're so cuuuute, what are you doing in here?

Me: She's a service dog. Please don't talk to her, she's working.

Stranger: Ooohh, so you're going to help blind people one day! Oh, you're so preeeeetty, come here! Come on! Come say hi!

Eve: *finally breaks her sit and goes to say hello*

Stranger: *snooty look* Oh, I thought service dogs were supposed to be well trained.

Members online

No members online now.