Goodybye Lovey aka Luv Bug

My poor little nanny was killed by a Pit Bull with an irresponsible owner. The dog went through an area in the fence were it had washed out. He tried to attack my gaurd donkeys who were trying to protect the goats. He went past them and got to her. She was trying to protect the babies. He goat her hindlimb literaly seperating the muscle from the bone and tearing it to shreds. He also tore her udder. We took her to the vet and decided the best we could do was let her go. Bye Luv Bug, your daughter Snickers misses you. So do Sundance and Belle Starr.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is just terrible i can't begin to imagine. RIp Lovey.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Im so sorry, RIP lovey.
That owner shouldnt have let their dog anywhere near your animals.. its called a LEASH, a fence, a muzzle.. SOMETHING. ughhhh

According to Texas law the next time we even SEE the dog on the property we can shot it. This dog was massive, looked to be over 90lbs and was white w/ brown spots. It was also traveling with a small black dog. Anyone in my area sees this thing, please kill it. Since it has tasted blood it might maul or even kill a child. I could not even get it to let go by bashing its head with a heavy wooden police baton.

grab01

I'm on a boat..
So very sorry for your loss:(

Dogs don't get a 'taste for blood' and move to attacking humans though. Which is not to say that the dog's owners shouldn't keep their dog under control or that livestock owners shouldn't be able to protect their animals, though.

Members online