What to feed pups...

Hey,
We're expecting some Jack Russell Pups soon. Just wondering what to feed them and the mother during pregnancy and birth? Once the pups go onto solids, what kind of food should they recieve? Also, if anyone has experienced pups, can you give me a bit of a insite of the special time. Thanks

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well people here would recommend the raw diet. That is what a lot of people here feed. If you want to feed kibble there is Innova and Eagle Pack which are really good and people will suggest. There is also a food that is I believe called Canidae. I haven't seen that food at my pet store though, so I don't know about it.

The Innova EVO would be a good choice, I'd think, for JRTs. They also make an excellent puppy kibble, but JRTs, being a compact breed (they really are large dogs jammed into tiny little bodies, aren't they?), can be fed the EVO. The kibbles are very small as well, which is a help with small pups.

You can learn more about it at www.naturapet.com and I'd also suggest going to Mordy's site (you'll find the link in her signature) and reading up.

Love4Pits and Bubbatd can give you a lot of pointers on what to expect and how to prepare.

Members online

No members online now.