friends dog peed+pooped in our house. now our dog is doing it.

lucface

my friends came up for the weekend(last weekend). and their dog droped the bomb and peed all over our house. i asume he was being taratorial.
our dog never once peed or anything in the house before. we have been moved in for 3 weeks. and he never did in his last home either. he is 4-5 yrs old.
the visiting pooper was here this weekend, so im sure it was inspired by him.
i imagine our dog, joejoe, is trying to mark back his taratory. i think we can clean the hole house and wash everything. and that would help joejoe see he doesnt have to sweat. im worried he may develop a habit though cause its been 4 days now sinced he started. we thought about getting him a daiper but laphed it off.
no one is really happy about this. anyone have any ideas?
joejoe is mostly beagal. like 90%.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need to get a cleaner that will totally remove the scent. There are some available at most pet supply stores, and the orange oil based products do a good job also. I'd also suggest getting that extra strong Febreeze and doing all the upholstery.

And I don't think the other dog would be too welcome to come back.

Go to the pet store and buy Natures Miracle :D This stuff is awesome, I got the cat pee smell out of a rug, make sure you use it full strength ;)

showpug

I second natures miracle...that stuff works wonders! Make sure you give your pooch a strong "NO" if you catch him in the act and take him to where you want him to eliminate. Sometimes our doggies need potty training 101 all over again :D

poeluvr

if worst comes to worst you'll hae to start him off at square one again teaching him as though hes a pup, its similar. before when he was a pup he doesnt know better, now he knows better but thinks its acceptable you'll just have to reinforce it's not

Members online

No members online now.