Renee...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Or anybody else who knows, really :p
Tell me about Essiac Tea :D
I am seriously considering ordering some, from here for Rosey.
How do you give it? Like, straight up? She can be picky with new things...
How much do you give daily? Rosey is around 48lbs to give an idea
How long does it stay good for once made? I mean, could I make one big batch then just keep it for a while, and then make another big batch, etc?

If it helps, I am considering it for arthritis and a random lump she has on her leg (it has been the same size and everything for years, so the vet is not worried and neither am I, but I cannot imagine it is comfortable).

TIA!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I order mine from that site. I make it up a quart at a time (I ordered the 1lb bag, so it's going to last awhile) and it lasts about a week. I give it twice a day, between two and three ounces, with a splash of milk to make it palatable. Sawyer weighs about 60lbs.

Spot on, Zoom. That's where I get mine, too. :) All three of mine get it. I throw a splash of chai in with the whole milk. You can mix it with broth, too.

Give it to her on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after she's eaten or an hour before.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
hmmm... anything for overall health I'm all about trying with the dogs. I might honestly look into this.

I have been giving the dogs superfood lately and that's been doing wonders... esp since Bamm tends to have IBS issues from time to time, the superfood has completely improved his overall health

I've been doing a good bit of research lately because of Shiva, and re-discovered the concept that cancer can't live in an alkaline environment.

One of the changes that's happened as she became ill is her urine has been burning the grass, which it never did before. None of my three burn the grass. So her urine has become acid, which indicates her body pH has become acid. I -- literally -- spent the last few bucks I had getting an alkaline booster to try on her . . . hoping against all odds that it is not too late, and you can believe I'll be watching mine to see if they become acid, so if your dog's urine burns the grass, you might want to consider bringing their pH back to a more alkaline state.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Here's the superfood stuff I'm giving mine. It's amazing for digestive issues and really amazing for boosting the immune system.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Oh, I've been wanting to order it for T-Bone for the longest time.... so, could you just mix it in some yogurt, too? T is terribly picky and I really don't want to have to fight her twice a day to take it.

Two hours before or an hour after. Just take her food up for a couple of hours in the evening before you give it to her, or take it up at night and give her the essiac first thing in the morning, wait an hour or so and let her have her breakfast.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
That's the Superfood stuff I take for myself :)
oh ya I remember you telling me that when you were in Albuquerque. lol. I keep trying to take it myself, but can't talk myself into taking it because it tastes so gross. The dogs LOVE it though.

Members online