Need Help with Cat Food

StillandSilent

Puss needs a change desperatly. He had had UTI's and struvite crystals in his urine and needs a food to keep them from returning. Of course, the vet put him on Science Diet CD. For what I pay for the Science Diet ($44 a bag) there has to be something out there that meets his dietary needs and is better for him.
I know this problem is not uncommon and someone here must be able to offer some advice. For a refresher on his Highness, he is a 10 yr old neutered Persian male. And thinks he is a God in his own right, but most of the little buggers seem to.

Maxy24

Keep him on the Science Diet until the crystals clear up, then you'll need to put him on an all wet diet (for best results) or a mostly wet diet. Or raw of course. What brand and type (wet or dry) were you feeding before? Many cats develop crystals because they do not drink enough, I don't know exactly how it happens but lack of drinking enough can cause the crystals and UTIs. So feeding wet food can fix those problems up.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I hear that cats do better on an all wet diet. They should get the dry as kitten but as adults should be given only wet. We plan on giving our kitten an all wet diet once he turns a year but right now he gets 1/2 dry and 1/2 wet a day.

I would look at maybe Eagle Pack I heard they are good foods for UTI's.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Purina: One and Pro Plan both have good urinary formulas... Nutro Max Cat has a urinary formula that is apparently good as well. If you go to The Cat Site and PM the member "sharky" she is a feline nutritionist and can probably help you a lot.... just ask specific questions.

Members online

No members online now.