Grapes Ok For Dogs?

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

My one dog goes absolutely NUTS for green seedless grapes. I never giver her more than a tiny bit off of one grape because I don't know if they are ok for them to eat or not. Does anyone know??

NO!! I'm on the way out the door right now, so I can't elaborate, but grapes have caused death in dogs due to toxicity. I'll try to drudge up the article when I get home if someone else hasn't by then.

I also had a dog who loved grapes....before I knew that they could be harmful.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Thanks guys. I won't give her anymore....period. I am glad that I have only given her a little niblet then. Thanks so much.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yes, they can be toxic.

Lizzie gets one or two every now and then in the summer(she also LOVES them) but that's it.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Well they can be toxic, yes, but it's like humans. It's a calculated risk. Some of the stuff we eat CAN be toxic but you still eat it yah?

That being said I don't feed my dogs grapes. Have tried but they don't seem to like any kind of fruit. They don't know what they're missing.

showpug

I spoke with the vet I used to work for about grapes and he said it's more long term damage that the grapes can cause. So if a dog gets grapes on a regular basis then some issues can show up later on...

That was many years ago that we had that conversation, so information may have changed since...

Doberluv

I believe they have been known to cause renal failure. And it doesn't take a lot apparently.

As a weird side note: I watched a TV documentary one time about canines and it showed some coyotes feasting on someone's grape vines every night. So, I don't know what happened to the coyotes. They may or may not have become ill. No one on that documentary mentioned anything about the adverse health effects of grapes. Nevertheless, I certainly won't chance it with my dogs.

Members online

No members online now.