Gizmo's Birthday, ideas?

My adorable little Shih Tzu is turning 1 years old this March!! Sunday March the 4th to be exact. I want to do something special for him for his 1st Birthday. He loves people, kids, other dogs, doing tricks, jumping over things and peanut butter. I'd like to come up with something petfriendly I could do with him and my husband. Any ideas for any place to go in Pennsylvania??
Any other dogs have really great birthdays??

When the weather gets warmer (and the snow is no longer filling up my backyard) I'd like to have a birthday party with the neighborhood dogs. If anyone has any feedback on these types of parties, I'd love that as well!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have!
~Cheryl

milos_mommy

hmm. for Milo's birthday, i just baked a doggie cake from a recipe online. But for his adoption day i'm making a really special day for him, we're going (hopefully) into the city, and just having a special fun day. If he has any doggy friends, maybe invite them over for some games like hide and seek, and if you know any kids who love him, invite them over to teach him a new trick. Dogs appreciate the little things, like getting to go for a car ride or getting some special treat.

i'm interested to see everyone else's ideas though, so i can plan Milo's adoption day celebration.

Baking a doggie cake, that sounds interesting. Were the ingredients really simple. I think I'd be afraid to put wrong amount of something and make him sick. I'm sure he'd like to have friends over, however we have to wait till the snow melts because there is not much room indoors. I hope Milo enjoys his adoption day celebration. That sound very special.

milos_mommy

the cake was simple, i'll try and find the recipe for you. i tasted it, and it tasted horrific, but he loved it. it was mostly flour, with shredded apple and carrot, honey, a little vanilla, and an egg or two. if you google "dog cake recipes" a million of them will come up. Some are like, meat patty type things, while others are basically a mound of random healthy food items, and some are actually cake-like.

oh, it was also a lot of peanut butter, the one i made.

Members online

No members online now.