do "pretty"/"good looking" get treated different?

Lyzelle

I think it is different to feel that looks are important/unimportant and simply feeling confident and comfortable regardless of the definition of that beauty or the importance placed upon it. Beauty is a fad, it changes. But your confidence shouldn't, IMO, based on it. I agree it shouldn't matter, and people shouldn't care, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't just be confident with what we have, regardless if it is "in" or not.

Not caring means something different to everyone, too. Does it mean don't dress nicely? Don't try to clean up? We shouldn't bother with makeup or getting our hair groomed? If it honestly doesn't matter....why bother?

After all, it should be my personality and qualifications that gets me a job, not a well cut suit. Unfortunately, it just isn't realistic.

I think the whole beauty thing is overblown. Yes people notice, yes it can matter and most often our relationships are based on so many other things people would be better off concentrating on the whole and not so much one part.

Yes attractive women get noticed. yes some get away with things more often than someone deemed "less attractive". But only for a very brief moment, or by people that have a different value set. But that's no different than any relationship.

Trust me, I know what I like and physical traits were important, but there's a lot of ugly pretty people out there. Yippie!, you used to catch my attention in a bar or on the street, but most of them were so concerned about **** that didn't matter it was pretty clear being admired on the street was about as far as it was going. Congrats.

But "pretty" women have obstacles too, and so do skinny people and fat people and normal people and 6's and 3's and whatever else we want to call someone. At the end of the day a lot of people value the total package. Not everyone, some are obsessed with looks that is true, but I never found them very much fun to be around. That said, there are also plenty of very attractive men and women that are balanced in their lives and the quality of life reflects that.

Members online

No members online now.