The Venting Thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
People freaking out over Beyonce's outfit at the superbowl.

I seriously seriously cannot STAND the common American view on female bodies and sexuality.. so frikin warped.

and the worst part is, MANY of the people on my newsfeed complaining are moms who previously complained about the pressure society puts on them to cover up when breastfeeding
YOU DO REALIZE WHERE THE ROOT OF THAT LIES?! It lies in a world where women are SHAMED for showing their bodies, where the body is always overtly sexual/shameful and should be hidden.
Just like you are doing by bitching "OH THINK OF THE CHILDREN WHO SAW!" because Beyonce wore a short dress.

There is nothing shameful or wrong about the female body. About dancing or about the performance.

Worry a little more about your child growing up thinking that the female body is a thing to be ashamed about and that it is THEIR responsibility to cover up to make them comfortable. And worse yet, growing up to believe that the way a women dresses is synonymous with her character/sexual history or that it's OK to shame women for not dressing appropriately.

and we wonder WHY we live in a world where a girl gets raped and men say things like "what was she wearing? Oh she was ASKING for it"

because they are raised by people who TEACH these kind of fundamental idiocies.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I want to get to the bottom of Takoda's issues with her territorial aggression when she's in her pen, on her long line, or in our car (this one I'm not too concerned about....).

Ugh...I've dealt with DA dogs...but this one stumps me, nothing physically wrong with her, no money for a behaviorist (Gonna make me sound like a bad owner I have no interest in investing in one either :/). If I'm present or my S/O (She belongs to him, he gets the final word on her) she's fine, in public she's fine and 100% OMG MUST MEET PEOPLE!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I have no idea what to do and I'm thinking of just not worrying with it too much, but I also don't want it to get worse, which it seems to be doing....she's starting to lunge, bark and snarl to people she knows, if we're not home. But if they move near her she runs and stops......

/RANT

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
My thing is: Beyonce is a grown ass woman, married, has a child, a successful career, and (to me) gorgeous as hell and by god if she wants to wear what she did, then she can!

To me, all women are beautiful. Big, small, short, tall, braces or not, glasses or not, red hair, black hair, blond hair, freakin pink hair, whether you live in a 5 star house or a studio apartment, drive a sports car or a mini van. People look WAY to deep and try nick pick everyone. Its stupid and senseless.

Ok Im done.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I wasn't a fan of beyonces performance. Not because of her
Outfit. Didn't care about that. I often walk around the house naked or in bra and undies so I don't worry too much about that. I felt that she came across self centered with some
Of her back up dancers being herself on screen. I also felt there was a lot of flash for little performance.

At one point Hannah asked what they were doing. I said they were dancing
And she said "i don't think so. They are just running". Hmmm clever observation lol

Saeleofu

Logan has decided it is time to blow coat. In February. When he JUST finished his winter one a month ago.

Grab

Back to my stressful job tomorrow. Sigh.

I had to put on my FB blinders after reading a bunch of idiots on a friend's page tell him to dump his dogs at the humane society because "you need a change!" He'd been laid off for several months and just started looking for work recently. Because he's behind on bills, he thought driving off in to the sunset seemed a grand idea, but he can't take the dogs, of course:rolleyes: Apparently his acquaintances thought this was a fine idea. The dogs are a 10 yr old large breed and a young bully breed. I did express that tossing them at a no kill shelter was not a grand idea.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Still working on this crate thing with Payton. Had success yesterday but it involved me sitting with him for over 20 minutes. I won't always have that much time when I have to crate him, but I'm working on it... this morning I sat with him for over five minutes and he was giving me signals like it was okay for me to leave, so I got up and was leaving. Wasn't quite out the door and he started barkscreaming.

And my dad starts shouting at him from the basement.

I told him "Yelling at him isn't helping."
"I didn't know you were still here," he says.
"Yes, I'm still here, and yelling at him whether I'm here or not isn't helping."

He didn't have anything to say to that. Guess I have one more idea of what's been causing all this.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Still working on this crate thing with Payton. Had success yesterday but it involved me sitting with him for over 20 minutes. I won't always have that much time when I have to crate him, but I'm working on it... this morning I sat with him for over five minutes and he was giving me signals like it was okay for me to leave, so I got up and was leaving. Wasn't quite out the door and he started barkscreaming.

And my dad starts shouting at him from the basement.

I told him "Yelling at him isn't helping."
"I didn't know you were still here," he says.
"Yes, I'm still here, and yelling at him whether I'm here or not isn't helping."

He didn't have anything to say to that. Guess I have one more idea of what's been causing all this.
I feel your pain. This is a constant battle with Joey. It was suggested to me to cover his crate with a blanket and that definitely helps some, but not always. I've tried giving him stuff to keep him occupied, antlers, frozen kongs, etc but when he is in a "I don't want to be in here" mood then forget it. He will ignore the stuff I give him and whine instead.

Last night he whined loudly in his crate for a good hour non stop before he finally gave up and went to sleep. It was everything Josh and I could do to ignore him. I swear Josh was ready to kill him since he had to wake up in a few hours for work.

We can't just move his crate out of our room because we are so limited on space right now and his crate is HUGE!!!!! It is so frustrating.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I have nothing in my room that I feel comfortable tying him to and whatever I tie him with he would more than likely chew through.
Ahhh, an O ring screwed into a stud with a metal leash might work, but if he's a chewer I get it. We don't have room for crates anymore and I hate the jingle and thud of dogs moving in them while I sleep so we chose to bed train at night and I thought I'd suggest it if its not been considered.

Red Chrome

Ahhh, an O ring screwed into a stud with a metal leash might work, but if he's a chewer I get it. We don't have room for crates anymore and I hate the jingle and thud of dogs moving in them while I sleep so we chose to bed train at night and I thought I'd suggest it if its not been considered.
My dogs sleep loose at night for this reason and the fact that they are sometimes crated during the day. Too much crate time for my guys to be crated at night too. I've never had a problem with the dogs being destructive or anything at night, even Naughty LoLa....after the initial training period.

I have to ask, do you guys correct the naughty behaviors they display in their crates? Like the barkscreaming and whining?

Saeleofu

My dogs sleep loose at night for this reason and the fact that they are sometimes crated during the day. Too much crate time for my guys to be crated at night too. I've never had a problem with the dogs being destructive or anything at night, even Naughty LoLa....after the initial training period.
Same with my dogs. I don't want to have to crate them all day and all night. So they sleep with me at night. Logan took several months before he was allowed to sleep loose (he was a chewer), but now it's absolutely no problem. Gavroche actually just graduated to not being crated at all, even when I leave, so long as I remember to put anything edible outside of the room. But he's 5 1/2, and it took 4 1/2 years for me to trust him with that for more than a couple weeks at a time.

Red Chrome

Same with my dogs. I don't want to have to crate them all day and all night. So they sleep with me at night. Logan took several months before he was allowed to sleep loose (he was a chewer), but now it's absolutely no problem. Gavroche actually just graduated to not being crated at all, even when I leave, so long as I remember to put anything edible outside of the room. But he's 5 1/2, and it took 4 1/2 years for me to trust him with that for more than a couple weeks at a time.
Judge has just graduated to having free roam of the whole house during the day instead of just one room. LoLa....she is still crated for the most part. She can be left for a few hours with no damage done so she is getting there. I do prefer to not have to crate even when I'm not home but it takes awhile for the dogs to be trustworthy. Judge is 5 and just earned it. LOL

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I can't speak for others, but I will use a verbal warning or loud noise for normal crate barking, but Aeri's crate behavior is not modified at ALL by anything. Corrections don't change the behavior, nor do treats - she won't even eat out of the Manners Minder. Heck she'll do it with the door open....

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Judge has just graduated to having free roam of the whole house during the day instead of just one room. LoLa....she is still crated for the most part. She can be left for a few hours with no damage done so she is getting there. I do prefer to not have to crate even when I'm not home but it takes awhile for the dogs to be trustworthy. Judge is 5 and just earned it. LOL
Sloan just earned free roam, today is her first full day. Backup will be moved to a smaller crate and trialed on to a tie down in the guest room. Arnold has a tie down attached to my bed, he won't challenge it but it adds a sense of security for him. Shamoo will never be free, it bums me out but she licks at doors neurotically and if it were up to me I would put kick plates on the doors and say whatever but Denis has his limits.

Hopefully Sloan isn't at home eating our bed right now. lol

Members online

No members online now.