Crazeee from the Heat

K

Kaydee

They're predicting tomorrow over 100 with high humidity, "real feel" temp between 104 and 110. This isn't Arizona ya'll, it's New Jersey...but by the grace of G-d we still have power.

It's sad though, seeing way more police activity than usual. I had to take the bus yesterday and there was maybe a five second lull in the air conditioning. You actually heard an audible UUUUUHHHH????? from a packed bus. Headline-"Newark Transit Worker Thrown From Bus When Air Conditioner Stalls". Lucky for the driver it came back on right away.

Wish I could get this poor dog into the library with me for the afternoon, oh well

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Air conditioning... It's what sepArates us from the animals lol

Seriously, I couldn't make it through summer without it. I don't do well with heat. Cone ON fall and winter :)

It has been unbearable. My mom said it was 117 degrees with the humidity at her house in ontario yesterday. BLAH

Romy

Taxiderpy
Ha! It's 80 here and just balmy and beautiful. :D It seems like we're the only ones who escaped the heat wave, but will probably pay for it somehow later in the year.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
That's how it's been here too. I think it's been a week since Juno has done anything except go outside to pee. Otherwise we're just laying around in the AC.

I have to walk in a stupid parade tomorrow. It is "supposed" to be "nice" out but I'm expecting it to be miserable.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
It's so hot outside here, but I wouldn't expect otherwise. Florida + July... you do the math :p

It's 92 and sunny outside at the moment. I definitely appreciate having AC everywhere!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ha! It's 80 here and just balmy and beautiful. :D It seems like we're the only ones who escaped the heat wave, but will probably pay for it somehow later in the year.
This! It's absolutely gorgeous and AWESOME for the last few days! Highest it's been is 81F :D Nice cool breeze and it's just perfect.

Doberluv

Kaydee, I was born in NJ (Upper Montclair) and moved to Washington state when I was about 9. The heat and humidity in summer was unreal. My hair was super curly. LOL. And it's not all that curly naturally...a little bit. I feel for you. I hope it settles down soon. That humidity is the worst part. Dry heat like Arizona, to me feels better. But here in the Seattle area right now is the most beautiful weather, especially for me, as I don't "do" heat well AT ALL... it just wilts me if it's much over 80. The humidity here is not too high and not terribly low either...just in the middle I'd say, most of the time. So, when are you moving away from NJ? LOL. I moved to Washington in 1962 when the world's fair was in Seattle and the year the Space needle was built... for the world's fair.:)

I hope the temps simmer down for everyone in the mid west and east where it's gotten so very hot this year already. Try to stay cool.

btw: what does it mean that the guy was "thrown" from the bus? Did someone throw him out from frustration over the heat? WTH?

This is the forecast for around here:

Seattle Weather

Expect dry conditions over the next six hours

10 Day ForecastUpdated: Jul 7, 2012, 8:07am PDT
Today
Jul 7
77°F
57°F
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
N at 9 mph
Details
Sun
Jul 8
80°
61°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
N at 9 mph
Details
Mon
Jul 9
79°
60°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
WNW at 5 mph
Details
Tue
Jul 10
75°
58°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
NW at 5 mph
Details
Wed
Jul 11
77°
59°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
NNW at 4 mph
Details
Thu
Jul 12
74°
58°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
SW at 5 mph
Details
Fri
Jul 13
72°
58°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
SW at 5 mph
Details
Sat
Jul 14
71°
55°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
SW at 6 mph
Details
Sun
Jul 15
70°
56°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
SW at 6 mph
Details
Mon
Jul 16
70°
56°
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
SSW at 6 mph

Dekka

Just try me..
We did hay yesterday. And we did it in the hottest part of the day.. at least it was shortish. 3 hours. It was 103 with the humidex :p ! Its been like that for days, but at least its cooling down for a few days now.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's been hot here, my poor dogs. We went to San Antonio and it was actually cooler there (well... 90s in the afternoon). That's ridiculous. We were actually too cold one night to swim in San Antonio in July.

Snark

Mutts to you
Forecasting 109 for St. Louis today (it was 107 yesterday) AND it's muggy. Do anything outside for more than a couple of minutes and it's looks like someone threw a bucket of water on me. Sucks.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
It has been beastly hot here. Yesterday it was 103 and the heat index was 118! The worst part is that there is no AC at work. I work in a factory and we have fans and open doors and that's it. I drank water and Gatorade all day yesterday and only peed once during an 8 hour shift.

The lack of rain is super concerning as well. If the corn, wheat and soybean crops do poorly food prices are going to go up.

K

Kaydee

Feel guilty, it's been three days since I got Pookins out for a walk, alittle exercise in the lot when we pick up hubby late night, but just incredible...midnight last night and we had a cold snap...86
...like a video game with people evaporating on the street, n' Jersey drivers are insane anyway, make it broiling hot besides...Get off the &%$#&*% sidewalk!!!!!!! I $#&%%^ crashed here FIRST!!!!!!!!

Doberluv

Oh, not it's Oregon. LOL I just want to go there to escape the heat. It's supposed to be 113 here next week but I will say I am thankful we have minimal humidity.

Yeah, Oregon and Washington look kind of the same in places. That is truly an inviting looking place, especially for you. LOL. I hope you (and everyone) find ways to get relief from that extreme heat. I feel guilty living here where it's so moderate with beautiful summers. But then you can say, "neener, neener" in winter when it's cloudy, dark and raining all the time here and it's sunny and warm where you are. :D

Members online