RIP Tosser

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I just got the dreaded phone call....... My dad and i just got off the phone after he informed me my old dog Tosser had died this evening peacefuly in his sleep. Tosser was a 14 year old ( OLD for a Husky) almost completely black siberian Husky with some gray flecks in his fur. We all knew the day would come but still it has hit me hard and I sit hearing crying while I type this.

Tosser was my very first dog who was mine and MINE only. I got him when i was twelve one of my dads best females named Nina had given birth to Tosser and his four brothers and sisters. I absolutly loved Tosser and it killed me when Tosser was nine weeks old I got home from school and my dad told me someone had come in and bought Tosser. But I awoke the next morning with Tosser sleeping next to me in the bed! I loved him so much but my dad made sure I knew Tosser was not to only be a pet but also a working dog. And so I worked with him and by the time he was a year old I had him pulling a light one dog sled. He shared my bed at night and never knew the life of the dog run. He helped me even when he was older to train Hitch and others I now own.

When I was 18 and it was time to strike out on my own i knew I would bring my three dogs at the time Tosser, Hitch, and Nera with me. Hitch and Nera did well living in our apartment (this was before I bought the farm) but Tosser was a nervouse wreck pacing back force I knew he could'nt live in that confined space any longer and So I decided to take Tosser back to my parents temporarely so he would'nt be so stressed and it did work. It took me until I was twenty to come into the farmand start work with it. In this time I was working with running Hitch and starting to harness train Nera in my off time. I had also purchased my first Chinook the year before Noah and was training him like i was Nera. Time passed and I visited Tosser everyday and worked him. Eventually the farm was dog fit and I decided I could finally bring Tosser "home". But Tosser did'nt like it at all :( . He whined and cried and constantly searched for his kennel mates and on top of that he was afraid of Noah..... I worked on it and worked on it but Tosserc was just miserable at the new place. I did'nt want to take him back to mum and dads because I just did'nt want to be one of those people who just because their dog wasent coping well they just gave up.

So one day i decided well while I visit my parents I will take Tosser with me and see how he does. When I pulled in the driveway Tosser perked right up and I opened up the car door and he ran aroun the yard yipping and barking and just wagging his tail so much i thought it would fall off. At that moment i started to cry I hadent seen my dog so happy since he had left the farm and I knew that he wasent coming "home" with me when i left that evening. And he did'nt.... The entire visit he was just showing pure joy and I knew it was best for him to stay.

And so Tosser spent these last few years at my parents but has alwasy been my dog always running to me when I visited and gave me constant kisses. It kills me that I did'nt get to say goodbye and I feel horrible about it. I feel that somewhere i went wrong he should have never left my side I feel like i left him and I feel he felt that way also.

I know this whole story makes me sound like im not the best pet owner but I try. I love my dogs and I try to do what is best for them and i truly think it was best for him to go back. But i will never forget my sweet boy Tosser.

RIP Tosser

Saje

Island dweller
I am so sorry. If only they could stay with us together. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all lay down with our beloved babies and pass at the same time. Sort of morbid sounding I guess.

I think that you are a wonderful pet owner and you did the best thing for Tosser. I don't think he felt like you abandoned him. I'm sure he knew that you loved him and I hope you can take some comfort knowing that you had a long, full life together even if it was long-distance sometimes.

I really feel for you and hope that you will be able to get some sleep and some peace.

My thoughts are with you.
Saje

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Tosser. He will live on in your heart forever. You did what was best for him. He stayed with your parents, what a great thing. He was in a home where he was loved. You tried your best to have him stay with you on the farm, but Tosser missed the love of your parents and his playmates. Tosser knew your love was always with him, and he knew by you letting him go back with his playmates that he was happier. What a good person you are to know and do what's best for your best friend.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
very very very sorry, mine and mine alone is like losing a part of your soul. 14 is a wonderful long life not that it makes the loss any easier. How they can be gone when they were such a big part of our life seems impossible. I hope he is in a wonderful place now as he surely deserves.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks everyone it has been a hard sleepless night but i just got back from my mum and dads. They buried him out in the back pasture where he liked to run and play the best. I visited him grave where my mum had placed a stone that said "RIP Tosser no dog ever had a bigger heart". i started to cry again but eventually collected myself and went back home. Im ok now being with my dogs here really helps we're going out for a ran here in a few. Even though I don't feel up to it i cannot disapoint them.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Tosser. :( You are an exceptional person who truly did what was needed for Tosser to have the happiest life possible. You showed unselfish love & devotion to your wonderful fulpal and he was still an important part of your life and I am sure you were very much loved by him as well. Treasure your memories and he will always be close by.

What a great love it took to let Tosser stay in the place he was happiest. Some dogs, like some people, are happiest where they grew up. You gave him the gift that no one but you could give him and you gave it with an unselfish, loving heart. You couldn't be a better companion than that!

Now, let Zeus make you laugh a little and lick the tears off your face; Tosser knew that life continues - all dogs know that - and he's expecting you to figure that out. We can be slow that way sometimes. ;)

Last edited:

bubbatd

With Eli's passing still so fresh in my heart I know how painful it is and will be for a long time. I'm so glad you have your other fuzzies to love and they have you. I've never lost a dog and haven't had another one to hug and care for....I know the time will come with Chip.....BUT I'll just have to have a grand-dog to snuggle with until another one finds me. (sorry Amy and Jan, but Hunter and The Rude will be missing for a couple of days!!)

Members online

No members online now.