Riots New CKC Rally Novice title!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Riot is really starting to roll in his titles now for his smarts lol

Last weekend he trialed for his Herding Instinct Test and passed with flying colours adding in a HIC to his name...

now this (past) weekend he achieved his RN title and 2 legs in his RA title(one more for the RA title) then he moves onto his RE title!

-RN - Rally Novice
-RA- Rally Advanced
-RE- Rally Excellent

Anyways, we went trialing in Kingston for the Canadian Kennel Club Rally trial for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Friday there was one trial - out of roughly 15 other people Riot got a high score of 96 (out of 100) and took the "High in Class" rosette as well as a beautiful 16 month calendar and a stained glass window ornament.

Saturday, in his first trial he took a score of 94/100 and tied for first place - but because his time was 1 second slower then the other person we took home second place.

In his second trial that day, he left off with a score of 97/100 with only two people to go - we were sitting on first place.. then each person came out with one point higher then us which landed us at a cozy 3rd place. This score also achieved Riots RN (Rally Novice) title AND a "new title - Rally Novice" rosette.

On Sunday we went in and entered our first Advanced Rally show. We hadn't practiced those commands/moves in over a year. Luckily Riot picks up/remembers very quickly and came out of our first run with a score of 97/100 easily taking the High in Class rosette again.

In our second run, we would have had a CLEAN run (100/100) if Riot hadn't downed at a sit station.. but it was HOT/humid out and he was wearing his double coat LOL He also had a long weekend already and had to wait around for a few hours between runs... but anyways, so we had to redo that station costing us -3 points leaving us with another score of 97/100 giving us.. yet again the High in Class rosette.

He also won a set of travel mugs and a wondering storage compartment as prizes plus a "HUGE" goodie bag for him. In his goodie bag was;
a set of 4 orange pylons,
1 doggy blanket
a beautiful ceramic dog dish
1 squeaky fluffy dog toy
1 rawhide bone(that was thrown out)
2 oversized dog treats
1 yellow frisbee
poopy bags
paw wipes

So.. overall we had a very good weekend. Riots scores would have been higher if he could keep his nose OFF the ground though lol Ahh.. well.. a lot of people had that issue this weekend with everyone letting their dogs take PEES IN THE FREAKING RING.. *sigh*..

So.. we came home with
5 qualifying score ribbons
1 third place rosette
1 second place rosette
3 High in Class rosettes.

It was a good weekend. I had taken SO many pictures with the camera as well.. then on the last day the memory card fried and deleted all of the pictures.. Luckily I did get a picture with the judge by the photographer that was there so i'll have to scan that and post it.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Hey Summer...next time they have an event in Kingston can you let me know?I'm about 30 miles from there (in Watertown, NY) and would love to go and watch!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Thanks guys!
I was really really excited/happy to be able to achieve such wonderful results with Riot. I can't wait to finish off his Rally Obedience titles. I had been waiting since the beginning of last year to finally get to a CKC Rally Obedience show!

ACampbell0304 _ there is actually an Agility competition in Kingston held at Lake Ontario Park. The Agiliy Connection is holding the event(my mom actually co-owns the club) and I will be there with a booth for Saturday and Sunday with "Sharky_X" (fiance) for selling dog food, sporting harness', leashes, collars, toys etc etc
July 5th weekend is when it will be held! Riot will be there, possibly competing.. not sure yet.
I will definately try and keep you posted on other shows as well.

If you check out www.canuckdogs.com (or .ca can't remember) they have listings of almost all of the dog shows in Canada posted.
They are always so much fun to go and check out - so lively :)

DanL

Congrats! How much work did you and Riot actually have to put into RN? I bet very little! :)

Members online

No members online now.