For those who didnt know like me..Tracheabronchitis

L

LB2007

Poor darling had it since last Thursday. So he has about 5 more days to go feeling bad. I am posting this because I didnt know Kennel Cough and Tracheabronchitis were the same thing.:hail:

Kennel Cough in Dog

Most of dogs hoarse now and then to spit a hair or piece of herb, but they rarely cough. If they start spitting and coughing, is probable that they are suffering of an indisposition known as kennel cough or infections.

Tracheabronchitis: The kennel cough is a respiratory infection that is contagious between dogs. It's more of a sickness of young dogs, although old dogs can also suffer it. In spite of the name, this disease is not only spread exclusively on the kennels, but is infected easily anywhere there is a group of dogs. The kennel cough is not usually serious and tends to disappear by itself after 7 or 10 days. Until them, it causes annoyance to the throat of the dog, and also gives him serious problems to sleep. This is what veterinarians recommend to ease this indisposition.

Give Him an Exotic Drink: The juice of the Japanese medlar, is very rich in vitamin A, it reinforces the immunity and strengthens the mucous membranes from the respiratory inducts. The juice from the Japanese medlar is very efficient in calming the cough. If your dog won't drink it, add some to his food or put it directly into his mouth with a syringe without needle. Dogs that suffer from diabetes shouldn't drink this juice, due to its richness in sugar.

Calm His Cough by Night: Dogs that suffer from kennel cough are usually exhausted because of the infection and the constant coughing. Unfortunately, the cough doesn't disappear during the night. For him to sleep better, put a humidifier near his bed so the moistness penetrates through its respiratory conducts.

Given Him Breath: If your dog suffers from kennel cough, he ma not loose the spirit of having fun, but if he continues been active, the cough will grow. An excess of activates will increment the air introduced to the trachea and will star the coughing. Until he is cured, do not permit him to do too much activity and reduced to the minimum his rest time. Walks are good, but remember that his throat will be swelled and with pain. Instead of a dollar put him a harness. And don't let him get near to other dogs, he could infect them

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Kennel Cough is never fun.

Beezer had it when we brought him home from the kennel. but some meds cleared him right up but until we took him to the vet he was really hacking and sneezing and wheezing (hence his nickname Sneeze Mc Beeze lol) I had a vet appt set up for that friday but I ended up calling the next day to get him in right away as he was getting worse and worse.

but now that you know... you will know what to look for in the future :D I had never experienced a dog with KC before either but I was certain that's what it had to be.

L

LB2007

No I didnt, so now I will know. Apparently the huskiness of the trachea I thought was from the bone in his throat because both happened at about the same time just a day apart, so I guess I was dumby and attributed the problem to the bone, when in fact it was something else. Next time I hope there is no next time , but if there is, I will know rightaway.

Members online