Wake up calls....

ACooper

Yesterday morning at 5:30am I recieved a phone call........and while that call woke me up, it isn't the type of 'wake up call' I'm talking about.

The call was to tell me my cousin had died. One of the few cousins (I have many) I can say I not only love, but actually liked. He was only 1 1/2 years older than me, and was like a big brother when we were kids.

Massive heart attack at age 45, couldn't be revived Wednesday night. His father died of the same thing at age 48, another aunt of mine died at age 44 of heart problems, my grandmother in her 50's........the list of heart problems in my family goes on and on.

I know it, I've ALWAYS known it..........but that phone call about Michael was my slap into reality, my wake up call. I don't feel I've done much of anything to keep my heart healthier and as I grieve for him, I have also found new resolve.

Have you ever gotten a "Wake up call"? Did you heed the call? Stick to it? Please share.....

LindaJD

I am so sorry for your loss.
I have not had such a wake up call yet, but as I get closer to 50, I worry about heart attacks myself. My family doesn't have a history of them, but I know woman with extra belly fat have a higher risk of them and in the last year or so, I have gotten belly fat.

xpaeanx

I'm so sorry for your loss Coop. :(

My family is decently healthy, the only thing is breast cancer. I plan to start screening early(and realize that ins won't cover it so I'll be paying out of pocket), but not much I can do after that short of loosing them which I don't want.

ACooper

Thanks ladies :)

I know that NOBODY gets out of here alive, it's just a shock when someone who hasn't been ill is suddenly ripped away :(

Members online