RIP Hugo

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Sadly Hugo the Newfie passed away suddenly on Saturday night. His owner is completely devastated. He would have been 3 in a few weeks. The vet thinks it may have been a heart attack, but we may never know. He did come from a careful breeder who heart tested, but perhaps he had some undetected problem. He had been going from strength to strength lately and was a different dog to what he was a few months ago.

He was Bodhi's buddy and we were usually out hours at a time in the woods and down the country lanes. We'll all miss his massive personality.

Hugo's family have rescued a shitzu yesterday (still nameless!). He is 12 weeks old and unwanted, and for such a teeny dog (in comparison) they already have so many similarities. Weirdly. He's not filled the massive slobber filled hole, but he has helped Hugos mummy smile, if just a little. The poor mite needs a groomer, but otherwise is very placid and happy, and I know he's landed on his feet!!!!

Just wish the family could see the light at the end of the tunnel, its too hard for them just now. Hugo died surrounded by his family who saw him take his last breath, they're devastated.

Posting this to let them see I'm thinking of them, and me and Bodhi will miss him lots. Hope the little ragamuffin can keep up on our nightly wanderings!!!

RIP Hugo Bear xxxxxxx :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
What a beautiful dog, he looks so noble. Run Free Hugo. Prayers for Hugo's family. I am glad the puppy made Mom smile a little.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Hugo; may he be running free with all our loved ones.

Members online

No members online now.