dumb people

yoko

i was going to post about this last night but was tired and ended up sleeping and just remembered this.

yesterday at work there is this chick there who is really loud obnoxious and probably about to be fired... gah..

anyway on my computer my back ground is yoshi. and she walks over and is like what's that? and i go 'oh that's my dog yoshi' well then she goes 'what's it doing in your house?' and so i went on to tell her that yoshi was an inside dog and lived in the house with me.

well then she starts this GIANT rant about it. :yikes: she was like 'dogs shouldn't live in the house they're animals. and they make the house dirty. besides why would you want a big dog in the house any way? they're not cuddly and they like outside' and i go 'well yoshi isn't that big. and she really likes to cuddle. she even sleeps cuddled up with me' and then she goes 'omg.. i can't believe you let it sleep with you. it's an ANIMAL. what is going to happen when one day you wake up and your dogs attacking you? you can't trust them. and i personally cannot believe that you would allow that... thing to sleep with you' :yikes:

i got up went to my manager and got another desk. far far away from her. i didn't like her anyway but i mean still!! i am not particularly fond of small children. but i don't go off like that when she has pics of her niece up or walks around forcing us to look at pics!

and of course i trust my dog. i raised her *well from four months atleast* and i socialized her and also trust her around other people. but i also trust her to wake me up if someone is at the door. also in both places i have lived with yoshi i have always lived upstairs. and there is walls but not a rail for part of the way in both areas. and yoshi is tall enough that she lets me put my hand on her back to get up *i have really bad knees and have trouble going up stairs sometimes*

i don't know if its just because i've been raised with a dog but still :O makes me mad she would just go off like that.

sry
rant over -.-;

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Is she, um, of some ethnicity that is not traditionally fond of dogs? Not that it would make it less rude, but it might be more explicable.

bubbatd

It takes all people , Yoko , Personally if they don't like dogs , they aren't worth much !! Some of my friends ( ? ) think I'm nuts having Ollie sleeping with me !

simplymisty

IL Dog Freak
I run into those people all the time - which is why it says "dog freak" under my name.

Everyone calls me that or thinks that's what I am because I own 3 dogs and they're all inside dogs and they all sleep in my full size bed with me (or should I say I conform around them - LOL).

I won't even go there with with they said when I had 15 fosters (14 being newborns).

I just look at it like, it's there loss. They will never have the experiences that we have with our dogs and they'll never get the unconditional love we get every day no matter what.

Wow, that lady was really rude! You should have told her that your dog is way to busy stealing the covers to have time to attack you while you are sleeping.

I wonder what she would have thought about the fact that we had a sick baby goat in the house for almost a month last winter. Of course, everyone around me knows I'm crazy and no longer comments on it,LOL.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i think thats pretty rude, "dogs like being outside" LOL! Ours are kicked out at the moment while we clean up a bit. They're all huddled aroudn the door staring at me. If we go out wiht them they'll go play but if we stay iside they all just lie outside the door askign to come in

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Well, considering she's from the USA by birth and hertitage, that kind of rudeness is amazing to me. Its not like she can't know that lots of people in this country have dogs and keep them inside, and she'd have to live under a rock not to know that dog people really, really don't appricate rude comments about their dogs. Good for you for moving your desk. Not only does she clearly not like dogs, but she's got no dang manners!

Members online

No members online now.