Anyone want a handsome dog???

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
There is the most handsome big black and white dog, strong, healthy, and loose half the time. I think he is part boxer and some large heavy big boned breed. He has a flat coat that is just striking with markings much like Danl's Daisy. He gave me a warning bite once when I tried to leash him up thinking someone actually gave a **** about him, silly me, I should have considered the neighborhood. He had seemed so jolly I wasn't expecting it, but i let him go quickly. Soon as these people get home out he goes. He tears up trash and relieves himself in other people's yards. It just kills me because I see so much potential in him. A little training..ok a lot of training and he could be spectacular, he is really smart That isn't' going to happen with the owners that have him now. :wall::wall::wall:

Yesterday when I was walking my dogs I saw him coming. I put mine in a sit stay. He kept coming, and I got ready with my drink of ice water. As soon as he was within range I let the fluid fly and it smacked him right in the face and down his back. He jumped back about 10 feet looking confused. I stomped my foot and said "GO HOME>>GET >>>>NONONO!!!! in my biggest lowest voice. He immediately about faced and headed home without looking back. That was when I heard Victor snicker. I kid you not, I have never heard him make such a sound. I looked down and he had this big cheese eating grin on his face.
They had never moved a muscle, my good dogs. Pepper still had her curious look as she watched him go.

I carry a big glass of ice water with me because it comes in handy not only for a drink but because there is a seriously annoying little pom that runs up and wants to play sniffy sniffy butts and I don't want him to. I would rather he be wary of dogs on leashes because he might run up to the wrong dog one day. Hey he needs a responsible home too! I also carry a hard piece of steel in my pocket should i need it. It isn't mace, which really is what we need to walk around here, but it is the next best thing. I can chuck a rock when I need to and I have a good aim.
These dog owners are something else. I have never experienced a neighborhood like this. I saw a dozen cats roaming this morning. My dogs think that is most interesting, better than watching squirrels. sheeeeeesh

Lolas Dad

Their was a little white Bichon running around here. Her owners said it's to hard to watch her and 3 kids at the same time. The first tow times I got her to go up the stairs where she lives, knocked on the door and she went right in. The third time after getting her back inside her home I called animal control the next day. They told me the dog was not licensed and they would talk to them. One other time the dog was running around and again I called animal control they said they called and left a message the last time but never heard back from the owner and no one followed up. This time they did and I have not seen the dog running loose since. Owners that let their dogs run loose repeatedly need to have their dogs taken from them.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I agree. There is one little dog that I have taken home 2 times today. She has had 2 miscarriages. I take SAdie home about 6 times a week. Everytime I tell them about how sad it would be if she was hit by a car, or got a punctured intestine from cooked bones when she gets into the trash. At first she would crouch down and urinate when I approached her. Now she sails to me like I am her long lost best friend in the world. I tell her she is a lovely little dog, I tell them she is a lovely little dog. They don't let her out when AC is on duty. It's an early early morning or late evening thing. ONce the daughters stood there calling her while she raced around the street. I whistled one time and squatted down. She hit me like a bullet and about knocked me over. I have explained until I am blue in the face that she is not going to come if they scold her or worse when they get her. They do not listen. I am not in a position to start a neighbor war over this, so for now, I take her home over and over and over again. She knows I am going to leash her up and return her, but she races to me anyway which makes me have a heavy heart, I would much rather take her to someone else. Big dog I can't take home, touch his collar and you will wear his teeth on your arm. Not hard enough to break the skin, but if I were to force the issue I am sure he would indeed make sure I turned loose. I am serious, anyone want him? If I knew anyone that would want either, I would do my best to get the owners to re home. Both dogs are really smart and worthy of a much better family than fate gave them.

Wish I could take your Big Guy, Smkie :( He sounds like a great dog -- and intelligent. He sounds like he's got some guardian breed in him somewhere from his disposition.

filarotten

Fila the love
That is really sad. He sounds like such a pretty boy. I wish someone on here could take him. He deserves a good home, as well as the little female does also. Too bad you couldn't take him Smkie, I'm sure you could turn him into a fantastic dog.

Members online

No members online now.