Jade's getting Spayed

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
She is, she's gunna stop being a little harlot cat and get spayed on Friday. So my question is, how do you keep a cat from jumping around for a week?

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
Unless you crate her it's impossible I've had a bunch of cat's spayed & unless they rip at it (which my cat did) She will be fine.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I don't remember ever doing anything special when the cats were fixed. Just checked on them, and made sure they were eating and drinking.

you dont.

When the vet tells you to keep her from jumping for a week, you smile politely and say "you have OBVIOUSLY never had a cat!"

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
you dont.

When the vet tells you to keep her from jumping for a week, you smile politely and say "you have OBVIOUSLY never had a cat!"
lol thats usually how it goes :rofl1:

they always say something crazy like "stop activity for 4 weeks"... 4 weeks?! its a cat!

For the first day or 2, i keep the kitty in a bathroom with food/water and litterbox and a bed. they will be feeling pretty sick

and after that.. i just check the stitches every day and apply neosporin or something on top.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I think they do the glue thing where she's getting done but if there are stitches I'll be alllll over them. Izzy didn't have any for her spay so that was a relief, easy clean healing with glue :) I'm sure the cat will be fine, she will probably refrain from doing zoomies around the house when she's in pain. The pricing is awesome though, $70 for the spay with bordatella and rabies vaccs and only $3 for take home pain meds! I might have a loving non-meowing at 3am cat back after Friday!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Update:
Jade got a tattoo on her belly after being spayed or maybe before? I dunno, but my cat got inked before me! I can't tell you what it says until she's done being a mean drunk as the lady put it. Apparently she doesn't like being under anesthesia and is malignant about it lol. So she's kenneled for the next few hours until she stops growling at the walls of her kennel but I'll try to get some tummy pictures for your guys!

Members online

No members online now.