Girly Stuff

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've suggested it before, but condoms. Used correctly and consistently they're quite effective. I would NOT suggest a Mirena for you.

If you'd like to be sterile permanently, go talk to the Planned Parenthood off of County Line. I went in for STD testing last week and ended up talking about Essure with them. . . I think they said it was 2-3 grand without insurance and they had a doctor that would be happy to do it for me despite my age. She said the doc has even done it for people under 21. I think you'll be fine. PP does take insurance, so it could cost you a lot less - and it's permanent.
We do use them. I've always been insistant on condom use throughout the years. I also know they can break, because it's happened. I always use two methods if possible, which up to this point has been pills.

k9krazee

I strongly believe I'm bi-polar (runs in my family) and the Mirena IUD helped to stabilize everything and I've done super well on it for almost 5 years. And I've enjoyed no periods for 5 years.

I don't know what's going to happen but I do need it out soon. I'm contemplating getting another but feel ridiculous because I don't need it for birth control anymore, but I'm terrified to get it removed. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I strongly believe I'm bi-polar (runs in my family) and the Mirena IUD helped to stabilize everything and I've done super well on it for almost 5 years. And I've enjoyed no periods for 5 years.

I don't know what's going to happen but I do need it out soon. I'm contemplating getting another but feel ridiculous because I don't need it for birth control anymore, but I'm terrified to get it removed. :(
Removal was WAY easier than having it placed (except of course if you want another one you'll still have to deal with the placement of the new one at the time.) Removal felt mostly like a pap smear, uncomfortable but not really painful.

FWIW none of my birth control has ever actually been for birth control. It's for treatment of endometriosis. And if you think it's been helping to stabilize you for other reasons, then you shouldn't feel ridiculous about getting another one at all! Honestly a lot of women are on birth control for reasons other than "no babies plz."

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I need a new form of "You Stink" control. Right now I'm intermittently using prescription strength deodorant.. intermittently because it has been linked to breast cancer. I can't just pick something up in the store and expect it to work.

I'd like to try some natural stuff, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do the job. Thoughts?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I need a new form of "You Stink" control. Right now I'm intermittently using prescription strength deodorant.. intermittently because it has been linked to breast cancer. I can't just pick something up in the store and expect it to work.

I'd like to try some natural stuff, but I'm afraid it wouldn't do the job. Thoughts?
try it anyway? pick a friday, shower that night, put some on. if it doesnt work you only have a saturday and sunday to try it a few more times before you absolutely need to change or not

noludoru

Bored Now.
So what was the verdict?
x2

Buy chlorophyll. Seriously. Romy raves about it and I tried a bottle, and holy cow it helps.

joce

Have you tried certain dri? It's the only thing that ever worked for me. Put that on at nigh and something cheap and good smelling in the am.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
So what was the verdict?
Love it! It was not as painful as I thought it would be. It was a bit awkward at first, but the waxer was super professional and did her best to make me comfortable.

I got the "French" style bikini wax, which has more taken off than a regular bikini wax and less taken off than a Brazilian. I think I may be doing a Brazilian next time though. It's SO MUCH BETTER than shaving!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Found an AMAZING gay man at Sally's who set me up. I've got all the stuff I need to go blonde.
I'm doing it tonight I think. SUPER EXCITED.

crazedACD

Found an AMAZING gay man at Sally's who set me up. I've got all the stuff I need to go blonde.
I was really excited for that first line, I thought you found an amazing guy man, and then I thought an amazing gay man set you up like...with another man. And then it was hair dye.

But yay blonde!

milos_mommy

I had a gel manicure almost 3 weeks ago and now they're growing out and look bad. I don't have time to get them fixed before my job interview tomorrow, what do I do? Just put dark polish over and hope it looks decent??

noludoru

Bored Now.
WOOT!

Do an oil treatment before you dye, though - your hair will thank you. Going blonde can be tough.

Love it! It was not as painful as I thought it would be. It was a bit awkward at first, but the waxer was super professional and did her best to make me comfortable.

I got the "French" style bikini wax, which has more taken off than a regular bikini wax and less taken off than a Brazilian. I think I may be doing a Brazilian next time though. It's SO MUCH BETTER than shaving!
YAY!

I'm so disappointed, the biotin I'm taking is making my hair grow faster, and things weren't even soft and smooth for two days. :eek:

My girliness for now:

I want my hair long and pretty. Right now. Like this:

noludoru

Bored Now.
I had a gel manicure almost 3 weeks ago and now they're growing out and look bad. I don't have time to get them fixed before my job interview tomorrow, what do I do? Just put dark polish over and hope it looks decent??
Soak in warmed acetone for 5 minutes (put a small cup of acetone in a pot of near-boiling water and let sit for a bit), then peel/scrape off.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ooooooh, pictures!!! Are you going bleach blonde or keeping the red and doing more of a strawberry?
I definitely wanted to keep the red in it - the guy told me my hair is naturally red so as I lift it, it will stay red. He didn't even recommend we tint it. He said if I want more red, come back and we'll get a tint, but he thought just going a natural high blonde would get what I wanted.
He also said I was the very first person he ever recommended a 40 too. Normally he talks people down into 30 or 20 but he said go full on 40.

I LOVE it. I left it on for 40 minutes, he guessed I should try 35 but I pushed it a bit longer because I wanted higher. I have enough for a second round if I want to go lighter, but I think it's really gorgeous already. My Rockaholic conditioner should be good to keep everything healthy but he told me my hair was super duper healthy and gorgeous, and now was a good time to try it. So boom.

Before:

and DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

after:

I'm hoping to get some photos outside tomorrow to catch how beautiful it really is. I love love love LOVE IT. My mom thinks it's really pretty too, she was terrified of me doing it and tried to talk me out of it haha.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
YAY!

I'm so disappointed, the biotin I'm taking is making my hair grow faster, and things weren't even soft and smooth for two days. :eek:

My girliness for now:

I want my hair long and pretty. Right now. Like this:

But at least it's making your hair grow faster!

My hair is about at that length now. I have split ends galore though, so I need to trim it down. Still. I'm pleased.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Spa day on wednesday after school :)

Well just a wax and then a pedicure after to reward myself for not chickening out on the wax lol.

But still! SPA DAY!

Members online

No members online now.