Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

I guess that's why I always took jobs w/ animals & people who were also social outcasts. I don't want to conform to what society says is "right" or "proper" screw society
This has nothing to do with conforming....I am a HUGE advocate of fighting the idea of conformity. I will not just do things because they are "proper" etc. But I WILL examine why I feel certain ways, what the motivations are, and try to be honest about whether it actually affects me. I also try really hard to be a nice, non judgemental person so I can actually be HAPPY

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
In all seriousness, dogdragoness, I sincerely suggest you seek the help of a talented psychologist for your apparent sociopathic personality disorder.

Yes I dislike people I don't like my own species ... Too many bad experiences my OH & I have had arguments in the past about being he Ben more social but it's just not my nature & now he understands that.

I guess that's why I always took jobs w/ animals & people who were also social outcasts. I don't want to conform to what society says is "right" or "proper" screw society
it has nothing to do with society and everything to do with the most basic functions of life. If it wasn't for boobs and milk, NONE of us would be here. You wouldn't have puppies, kittens, calves or any other of the thousands of mammals on this earth.

Sure anybody can think anybody is an idiot. her for thinking it of people like you, or you for thinking it of people like her. But I gotta say, those that find the most basic and nurturing aspect of a mother/child relationship something so grotesque and should be confined to back alleyways and restrooms are probably going to fall under the idiot category quite often

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't consider myself sociopath just anti social. I'm not a psycho, your talking about me like I am Norman Bates :/ I never have not do I now have the desire to harm another person, I just don't want them around me ... In most cases.

I had a very tough childhood at the hands of my peers, some of it was even physical ... But most of it was emotionally damaging.

Danefied

I never have not do I now have the desire to harm another person,
But you have shown desire on this thread to harm breastfeeding moms emotionally. Proudly.

Plenty of people have tough childhoods. I'd venture to guess there are folks on this thread who suffered worse than you. Crappy childhood is no excuse once you're an adult.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
But I gotta say, those that find the most basic and nurturing aspect of a mother/child relationship something so grotesque and should be confined to back alleyways and restrooms are probably going to fall under the idiot category quite often
Nailed it.

Honestly Dogdragoness it's not that you have opinions that differ from the majority of people (including me) that bothers me. It's not even that you're expressing them like you are here.

It's that I find you mean. Not blunt, not 'unsugar coated'. Mean.

I find the idea of you out there in the real world making snide, mean comments and giving disdainful, mean looks just abhorrent.

You don't like women breastfeeding in public? Fine. You're uncomfortable with it? Fine. But do the yourself and the world a favor and grow up.

You aren't five. You shouldn't be unable to control your reactions to things you don't like and if you are in fact capable of controlling them and choose not to? Well, that leads me right back to you being mean. What other reason could you have for making other people feel ashamed of feeding their baby? Do you also hold your nose and wave the air away when someone smells in a way you don't like? What about when someone that has some form of physical disability that makes them look, talk or act different? Are they allowed in public or does it unsettle your sensibilities too?

You don't like kids. You don't like breastfeeding. I don't think there is a person on this forum that doesn't get that. That's fine. There are a lot of things in life I don't like but you know what? I still treat Every.Single.Person. I meet with as much kindness and respect that I can because no one deserves to be humiliated like you seem to be perfectly comfortable attempting to do.

And that is just mean.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Honestly Dogdragoness it's not that you have opinions that differ from the majority of people (including me) that bothers me. It's not even that you're expressing them like you are here.

I find the idea of you out there in the real world making snide, mean comments and giving disdainful, mean looks just abhorrent.

You don't like women breastfeeding in public? Fine. You're uncomfortable with it? Fine. But do the yourself and the world a favor and grow up.

You aren't five. You shouldn't be unable to control your reactions to things you don't like and if you are in fact capable of controlling them and choose not to? Well, that leads me right back to you being mean. What other reason could you have for making other people feel ashamed of feeding their baby? Do you also hold your nose and wave the air away when someone smells in a way you don't like? What about when someone that has some form of physical disability that makes them look, talk or act different? Are they allowed in public or does it unsettle your sensibilities too?

You don't like kids. You don't like breastfeeding. I don't think there is a person on this forum that doesn't get that. That's fine. There are a lot of things in life I don't like but you know what? I still treat Every.Single.Person. I meet with as much kindness and respect that I can because no one deserves to be humiliated like you seem to be perfectly comfortable attempting to do.

And that is just mean.
:hail: 5 points to Gryffindor.

Everyone deals with trauma differently. Maybe those individuals were able to rise above it, I guess I could not.

Luckily I have not seen a BF mom in at least 10 years.
or sadly you haven't, as BF babies generally grow up to be more healthy physically and emotionally than those that weren't.

And that is just mean.
oh boy, that's some great stuff right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Read, let it marinate, read it again, then sleep on it.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I don't consider myself sociopath just anti social. I'm not a psycho, your talking about me like I am Norman Bates :/ I never have not do I now have the desire to harm another person, I just don't want them around me ... In most cases.

I had a very tough childhood at the hands of my peers, some of it was even physical ... But most of it was emotionally damaging.
No, actually, I did not talk about you like you were any person, nor did I call you a "sociopath" which is a clinically incorrect term. I suggested you seek treatment for your apparent sociopathic personality disorder. There are a variety of personality disorders that fall into that category, as well as personality disorders that do not fall into that category. Being that I am not a licensed psychologist nor having ever treated you I cannot tell you which you fall into. However being a student of psychology, as well as an empathetic human being, I can strongly and sincerely recommend you seek treatment from a qualified, talented professional. Your behaviour and comments on this forum strongly suggest it is a sociopathic personality disorder which is what leads me to suggest you seek someone who is talented in that area, or at the very least in the area of personality disorders in general.

Antisocial personality disorder is in fact a sociopathic personality disorder. It is, also, different from simply being "antisocial."

You have in general displayed disregard for other people's feelings and opinions, display an inability to accept blame or guilt, and as far as not wanting to harm people, you said quite happily in the venting thread that you had no qualms about threatening to shoot your neighbour. "We have guns and we aren't afraid to use them" implies violence. I'm sure this is where you'll tell me that's not what you meant, but it IS what you said and I'm fairly certain most logical individuals would infer the same meaning as I did.

I am not being mean. I'm not calling you names or saying you are a sociopath or that I think you will hurt anybody, although it is certainly clear that your words have emotionally hurt many people on this forum. Your admittance of having an abusive childhood that left you with emotional damage does nothing to dissuade me from my suggestion. It is a very sincere one.

Seek talented professional psychological help.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I was BF & I am not healthy emotionally ... Not my parents fault, they were good parents it was the school system that failed me I think. My parents tried to tell them that I was being harassed & bullied even physically harmed, but since they were smart enough to catch me on the walk home, the school told them there was nothing they could do.

It's ok if people (including those here) hate me for the way I am ... I am used to it now, in fact I'd rather ours dislike me because the. They stay away. I don't even let my OH get "that" close.

Danefied

And that is just mean.
Love it :)
Is it wrong though that I heard Taylor Swift singing "why you gotta be so mean" as I was reading that? :p

Everyone deals with trauma differently. Maybe those individuals were able to rise above it, I guess I could not.

Luckily I have not seen a BF mom in at least 10 years.
Actually you just saw two on this thread. Did you not realize they were breastfeeding?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
It's ok if people (including those here) hate me for the way I am ... I am used to it now, in fact I'd rather ours dislike me because the. They stay away. I don't even let my OH get "that" close.
Who hates you? You're missing the point. Linds nailed it. Re-read her post. It's not all about you. Which is pretty much the point everyone is trying to make. You're just being nasty to people and then making excuses.

If you are uncomfortable around something, fine. That is difficult to control. How you react to your discomfort, on the other hand, is yours to control.

As far as I can tell the only one who hates you is you. And you're the only one who can fix that. Hint: taking it out on the world won't do the trick.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I was BF & I am not healthy emotionally ... Not my parents fault, they were good parents it was the school system that failed me I think. My parents tried to tell them that I was being harassed & bullied even physically harmed, but since they were smart enough to catch me on the walk home, the school told them there was nothing they could do.

I don't hate you, and I'm sure most people on here don't. I do understand what it's like to withdraw into yourself to avoid pain but believe me when I tell you that becomes a small, dark and lonely place. It would be a great idea for you to see a therapist, and if you can't afford that, to at least check out some self improvement books at Barnes and Nobles or even the local library. I'm no therapist, but my pm box is always open if you feel the need to talk.

Members online