So mad right now!

Kilter

Someone on facebook, on a pet group I'm on posted how they went out for crickets and came home with a rescue pup. With the runs, so were asking for suggestions on what to give. So fine, warned them about parvo etc...

Well that was yesterday, today it's confirmed parvo. Not only that, talked to a friend and this rescue has done that before - they have a farm and all the rescues go there and are in big groups and it's a mess so...

Needless to say I'm very annoyed that they'd do that twice.... ugh.

Working on finding out which store to spread the word, as well as letting the new owners know they should insist the rescue foot their vet bills.... :(

Kilter

Calgary.

The good news is the adoptive home figured it wasn't an up and up rescue since they were willing to sign over the pup to her on the spot, no background checks or anything, so she instead did a 'foster to adopt' so the rescue is footing the bill for the pup.

The bad news is I found out from a friend it's not the first time that rescue has sent home parvo infected dogs, as they do not have a good record of keeping things sanitized or separated when bringing in new dogs off the reserve into the rescue.:(

Ah I see, glad it worked out for the person who adopted...that had to be scary, thank goodness she didn't have any young pups in the home at the time. Hopefully the rescue learned a valuable lesson and tightens up their quarantine and methods before adopting a dog out.

Members online

No members online now.