Pitbulls- very sad

bubbatd

I could not go through it all...it made me sick ! Bless those of you who rescue !

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
that picture of the dog that they used to teach other dogs to fight was so sad. How can someone do that to such a sweet and loving dog like a pit. I look at my pit mix and I couldn't imagine people using these dogs to fit. He'd never attach another dog, I don't even think he'd hurt a fly.

oriondw

user not active
What they do here is not dog fighting its travesty of the whole sport. Assholes should be shot, 1 bulled behind their heads and into the pit.

roni

K-9 lover ;)
How awful! That poor baby that was used as a "training" dog...these people have no heart. I want to do anything that I can to help. Please let me know what needs to be done.

colliekid

I love collies!
My suggestion for punishment for dog fighters is that all the dogs they own are added up (the ages) and then cubed and they are put in prison for that long.
Ex:
The guy has 4 dogs... one that's been alive for 2 years, two for 3, and one more for 2. So, in years, they have been alive for 10. They person is put in prison for 1000 years (10 cubed)

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What they do here is not dog fighting its travesty of the whole sport."
Hang on, the sport itself is a travesty. How can you have a travesty of a travesty?

oriondw

user not active
bridey_01 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What they do here is not dog fighting its travesty of the whole sport."
Hang on, the sport itself is a travesty. How can you have a travesty of a travesty?
Is boxing a travesty?

What you "know" as dog fighting here, is really nothing more then then a meat grinder.

In other parts of the world where dog fights are sanctioned, dogs are separated before they could do any serious damage. It is often obvious from how the breed behaves when the fight is over and the dog has lost. Besides dogs that are used for fights in other countries often have their own vets standing there with immediate help ( just like boxing).
There are no fights to the death like they have here in States.

Sanctioned and judged dog fights are a form of sport for dogs. Doesnt mean I like them, or would ever join them, but really compared to the stuff thats goes on in America its childs play.

mrose_s

BusterLove
oh yes, i found that site when i was researching an assignment, it is so ssad, i can't believe they still do it, these people are sick

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
I can't belive that anyone would sanction such a sport, wether or not the dogs are seperated before they do any "real" damage. Comparing dog fighting to boxing is ridiculous. Boxers are human and have a choice. Dogs can rip each others eye out in a split second, long before human intervention can change anything.
As for the vet standing by, I can't think of anything more reprehensable.

gapeach

Big Mutts
That has to be the most severe case of animla cruelty I have ever seen. It's horrible.

Members online