WOW!! Silver LABS! yay

It's so strange that you would post this today Summer.

I just saw a client who had her pup (from this place:mad: ) in class over a year ago. While we chatted about his progress, he had done so well in class, she proudly displayed her wrist where she had tatooed his name.

I was gushing over her obvious obsession when she told me that his hips are an absolute mess. :mad: He's going to have 1 hip done now and one in the next year. They love him so dearly, and thankfully she and her husband can afford to have him properly taken care of but gosh...what an awful shock..:(

I trained a few others from there and they do have a strange phantom (silver) coloration. While the pups I've met are sweet and very cute, I'm so NOT IMPRESSED with this place!!

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Hmmm - do registered breeders advertise in the local paper? To be honest, I don't know a lot of the ins and outs of breeding, but when we were looking for our babies about 50 hours of internet research was required!! Lol...

Their site actually looks only moderately awful, though - they claim to do testing for hip dysplasia but nothing else - typically. And their health guarantee seems quite strict about spaying and neutering. They seem to be somewhere between ethical breeder and BYB. Their Labradoodles (from the pics shown) actually look exactly like Labradoodle puppies are supposed to look! EEK! But they describe them as a cross between a Standard Poodle and a Labrador Retreiver, which of course they shouldn't be (unless you're looking right back to the first generation) - so that's a shame - BYB-ers there for sure. I emailed them about that **snickers** couldn't help myself.

Their silver labs are surreal though - look like boxy Weimeraners! That's not right at all, probably quite striking in real life but I just think it's a bit odd.

Did you see the pic of them with their chocolate lab? Bit creepy!!

F

fastpitchchic

Is it me or do most of the dogs look overweight? and very unhappy...sad...I also noticed that Ava had a litter of pups back in Sept. From the pic they have of her, she looks really young to be having pups...

BSan

Checked out the website. Ava is really a pretty dog. The color is unusual. Looks like the silvers have light colored eyes. I think the labradoodle is nice too.
That is sad about the pup's hips. I wonder if the place they bought the pup from is honoring their contract and helping to pay for those hips! Or are they past a deadline age. The downside to two year contracts.

Toller_08

I've met a dog from the same 'breeder' in a petstore once. She was very sweet, very friendly, and overall just had an awesome temperament but she was severely dysplastic and had other health issues..

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Ok well I take back everything I said then! Defer to the judgement of people who know more than me.... :p

I can't bear to look at the Rainbow Bridge page - what on earth happened that the whole litter and the mother died as well?? :yikes:

bubbatd

So sad !!! If they have to advertise to sell .... forget them !! Yes, there are breeder's home links but please check !!!! No good breeder needs to advertise anywhere !!!

bubbatd

Sorry to add ! If you want to shop the internet ... Go to Petfinder .com or your local HS.

Members online

No members online now.