Ah I can't Find Him!!!!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok I lost Uno!!!!!! I got Uno out of his cage not long ago and decided since he wanted to run around i would let him in the bathroom (where i used to let my guinea pigs get their exercise). I sat there with him for a good 15 minutes being amused by his cute ways. Then he started sniffing under my cupboard which is attached to the ground which i did'nt that there was a space right uder the cupboard doors that he could fit in! And sure enough he climbed right up into there!!!!!! I automatically panicked calling for him then I went and got a think fork and tried prying the bottom of the inside of the cupboard off but that did'nt work to well (I snapped the fork in halpf and i don't have a crow bar) lol. Im not sure what else to do and im not sure if that space leads anywhere else in the house. I left his bowl of food out by the counter hoping he pops back out. Any other ideas would be great. Help!

Saje

Island dweller
Oh no!

That worries me.

I'm worried.

I'm not useful but I'm worried.

I think you will have to wait quietly for him. He may come out and eat the food and then run right back in.

Have you bonded enough with him for him to come out when you call? Or not run away when you walk in the room.

Egads! Yes. I said it. Egads!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah he's actually really sweet when i make this little clicking noise with my tounge he usually comes and he doesent run off he extremly mellow for a hamster.

Saje

Island dweller
WELL DO THAT!!! LOL

Sorry, you read my thread about how my little Louis died. :( So I do worry.

Can you hear him?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what I do to catch a rodent..first i know that they almost always run along walls and end up in lovely dark places like closests..if your basement stairs are open stairs, make sure you shove a towel or block the crack under the door because they try to climb down the stairs and fall on to the floor..that's bad...next i turn off everything that makes a sound and watch the dog..he hears better than all of us and will usually point the way. turning off the lights and sitting quietly in the room until they forget your there will get them started exploring....if that doesn't work you can either get live traps from the hardware store or you can get creative on your own..staircasing books up to a short bucket with yummy honey type grain down in it will get them to climb up lean over and drop in...then they can't get out of the bucket..or you can set a trail of grain if the dog will leave it alone to a food source and catch them that way . Check all laundry and for god's sake dont' put anything in the washer or the dryer without looking first..check your water sources where condensation could build up and provide a drink. Closests are the best bet. I have a story about a mouse if i can ever get the time I want to illustrate..i think i put one in the art section..if I didn't, i will tonight. We had an artful dodger that taught me everything I ever needed to know about finding a mouse in a house also check the back of dishwashers and washing machines..we had a three legged hamster move about 20 lbs of dog food in to the back of one before we found his hideout..he had other interesting things in there and one night I saw him dragging the hairbrush across the floor towards his new home..that is how i discovered where he was.. we had actually turned him loose to lead us to his lady friend that had escaped the week before..both led a long and happy life safely back in their tank after that. I sure hope you find him! Good luck

Last edited:

Saje

Island dweller
yes, I want to know too.

I keep checking but you are probably out playing in the snow or something. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
AAron reminded me last night of when his chinchilla found a hole in the back of his closet that ran to the inside of the outside of the bathtub..if that makes any sense..we could here her, but not catch her and she loved it in there. it became the place she ran to when she knew we were going to put her back in her cage..she was awesome

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Found Him!!!!!!!!! I found him early this morning when i went in the bathroom there he was curled up in a ball sleeping under a pair if pants i had left in there lol. He's fine and heathy and probley just alittle angry that he is no longer free. Ah Im so happy!!!

Saje

Island dweller
That is pretty cute that he was sleeping there instead of in the hole. :)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol yup I was surprised if i was a hamster i would choose the hole but hey i guess Uno is a better hamster then i will ever be lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when i read that i thought maybe her scent on the jeans made him feel more safe and that is why he chose that place...might have been a little scary to not find your way home to your own bed.

Members online

No members online now.