Some pics of my dog!

Also some pics taken today of his injury. We need to get it fixed tomorro. We think its a piece of wood or stone wedged into his paw. Poor Spencer.

Does any1 no what 2 do about it 4 2night? Thx

also, post some pics of your pets!!! Lov to see them :)

Thx babyblue! He's 19 months old now. :) We bought him as a pure bred, but he's definetly a cross. kelpie maybe. his legs are big. lol

What a cutie!! I've got a bc mix, Tippy. You can see her in my sig. What makes you think Spencer has kelpie in him?

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
He is so cute! I have a guy friend named Spencer as well and he is cute also...LOL! Your dog is adorable.

Also for some of the people who think I should really hurry up and put a picture of Levi up, I will get on the pic taking ASAP and post one of him on this forum.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love the pics of Spencer and hope his foot will be okay. I feel so bad for him having that object in there. Keep us updated on his condition.

Hey,
Today we're taking him to the vet to check it out. This morning he came limping to me just as i woke up. Poor thing. We're trying to make him stay in one area so he soesn't always walk on it. He's not thinking about it much.

gaddylovesdogs said:
What a cutie!! I've got a bc mix, Tippy. You can see her in my sig. What makes you think Spencer has kelpie in him?
Well, when you see his legs... Pure border collies have short and stumpy kind of legs. Spencer's are long and dotted with black spots. Also, his mother lives up the street, she looks a lot like a kelpie. They are breeding their inpure dogs and selling them as pure-bred for $400. We got Spencer got of someone else though without relizing it. Then when we brought him home and had a look at his vet records, we saw his first owner lived up our street....

I'll try and make a full body picture when his paw gets better. Then you'll see :)

Cya

SandStone_Kennels said:
Hey,
Well, when you see his legs... Pure border collies have short and stumpy kind of legs. Spencer's are long and dotted with black spots. Also, his mother lives up the street, she looks a lot like a kelpie. They are breeding their inpure dogs and selling them as pure-bred for $400. We got Spencer got of someone else though without relizing it. Then when we brought him home and had a look at his vet records, we saw his first owner lived up our street....

I'll try and make a full body picture when his paw gets better. Then you'll see :)
My BC has "regular" sized legs with spots...it's very common for borders to have spots on their legs.

I hope Spencer is OK!

Here's some pictures i just took an uploaded of him.We got told he's 80% border collie 20%?? Compared to a pure border collie he looks a bit out. all well, thats not that matters to me. He is a lovely dog and thats all that matters. Its not really the looks to much. As we say with humans, don't judge a person from the outside, its whats inside that counts!! Thanks guys for all your replies. ;) bye

I'm back from the vet. Spencer was great. He was a bit suspicious when we got out the lead for the car. (We usually don't use a lead, he is well behaved) When we got to the vet we found out the piece of wood had acually come out much more. All it needed was a bit of a pull. Once the vet got it out in a pull, his paw started bleeding a bit. He now has three different bandages on his left paw. It was a piece of wood 1cm in to his paw. That was quite far in. It was aprox 1.3 cm's long. Anyway, just telling you, he's on his way to recovery. He had antibiotics just a few minutes ago. Now he is lying around somewhere in the house. We just have to make sure he doesn't chew it off. Anyway, cya later

His legs look normal to me. My BC has white legs with brown and black spots all over....I've seen many other BCs with spots on their legs also. In the second picture of other borders you posted, the dog is crouching down a bit and his chest fur is hanging down quite a bit (that's a lotta fur lol).

I hope Spencer feels better soon. The girls say get well soon.

Awww, thankies Gaddy. He is so much better now. He is a happy dog again. He's wagging his tail and jumping around everywhere in the house. I thought he'd do it and he did, he's ripping the bandages off. hehe. There's sracps of that wool stuff the vet used al around the place. luckily, he can't get through the main bandage. That will hopefully stay on till tomorro night. After that the dressings can come off. And he's back to normal. The vet said it shouldn't take long for it to heal. Also, he might look a bit more of a border collie than his mum. She's like 60% kelpie and 40% border collie. Anyway, cya later

lol. he's down watching tv at the moment to keep him ocupied. Tomorro or Wednesday he'll be able to run with his friends at the park again. I went down there today by myself without Spencer just to see everyone... They asked where Spencer was. If he runs on it now, he'll get it infected. I'll give him some excercise though so he doesn't get unfit. Maybe just a slow 10 minute walk at a time...

Cya

Members online

No members online now.