Pink Collars on boy dogs and other such things...

Ok guys and gals, Anyone else do this???

Wiggles is JET black... And STRONG... So far I have not been able to find a nice bright collar that works for him, most are too dark and the color ones i find are the ones that slide to adjust, and he NEEDS a buckle as the others slide open and he could pull right out.

Well there is one bright color I can find, and I already had one for Ms. Sierra... Hot pink! He looks so good in it but I am always getting slack for putting a pink collar on my boy dog... It's a nice strong collar that complements his coat... Anyone else do this??

I also have sierras red leathery one with 3 white and silver hearts on barry... Am i such a bad mommy for not having "Boy" colors on them?

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
I'm all for it. But then, i think guys in eyeliner are sexy...

Colors are just colors, and people (and puppies) should wear what looks good on them. Hot topic had a great hot pink shirt that said "All my black shirts were dirty" on it. It was hilarious. Maybe make him a t-shirt that says "Real Men Wear PINK".

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I know what you mean about those slide-to-adjust buckle collars. I hate those. They're horrible for my boys: one tug, and I can feel the collar loosening. I really don't think they belong on any dog larger than 20 lbs.

As to the color, I think it's fine. If it looks good on him, run with it! *sigh* I always wanted to get a pretty sparkly collar with a ton of crystals and rhinestones for Zeus, but my husband won't let me.

I've seen a "Real men wear unicorns" shirt :)

I think my pet store guy needs a "Real men own yorkies" shirt as there dog is a yorkie and it is HIS dog hehehe

I like Lupine collars, they seen to work well with barry but they are *HARD* for me to find and the smooth ones just slip right away. The lupines atleast take a LONG time to loosen...

HI, when you say "slide to adjust" you mean the quick release snap buckles? What about an adjustable collar with a metal quick release buckle like this? They seem a lot more durable?

As for the colors, my girl pup wears "boy" colors all the time, and people say "He's so cute". I look around to see who they are talking about...:)

milos_mommy

i always say i wish i had a girl JRT or other small breed so i could dress them up and buy cute pink collars with hearts and stuff. It's not like the dogs care. Although whenever i put pink on Milo everyone just says " ALEX, HE'S A BOY." and this hurts his self esteem. i swear, he knows the word "handsome" and whenever you say "Milo you look handsome" he throws his head back as if to say "thanks, i know."

so no, i don't have a problem with it. but unfortunately, society does.

I mean just your general "Fits any size" collar with a snap buckle, plastic or metal. The one's that work on him are the ones that you have to put it into the hole to size, those one's dont slip.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
HI, when you say "slide to adjust" you mean the quick release snap buckles? What about an adjustable collar with a metal quick release buckle like this? They seem a lot more durable?
I'm talking about the collars that have a sliding adjustment instead of a series of holes. Most quick-release snap collars are that way. I'm sure they work well on smaller dogs, but I've found that if a larger dog puts pressure on those collars, the slides can loosen. Zeus' first collar was a snap buckle collar, and I had to keep readjusting it.

Since Zeus is leash-trained now, he doesn't really put pressure on his collar any more. But I still stick with the traditional collars with the holes and buckle. I feel uncomfortable in keeping my dog in a collar he could pull out of, if he really wanted to.

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
Jager has a slide adjust collar, but i always use a harness when walking him, so it doesn't loosen much. If i notice it's loose (once every 3 weeks or so) i tighten it back up.

Well, I am thinking about getting Hershey Purple, but, I don't know, you could get him a orange collar, they have them somewhere! :D I saw them at Speck's but I don't know if your state has one or not. But, ya I want to get Hershey purple so badly! Its not even funny, but I am afraid that I should get him a "boy" color. Not a girly color.

Boemy

Hey, pink was considered a boy's color up until the 1920s . . . Blue was a girl's color because it was more "delicate." ;) Pink is really just light red, right? I say go for it! ;)

Members online

No members online now.