Saddest looking pup I've ever seen

This little guy totally broke my heart on pet finder. Even though I could wind up in divorce court if I got him;) Does anyone have any idea how to go about getting a pup from out of state like this? The shelter states they will adopt out of state, but will not ship, drive anywhwere etc., which is perfectly understandable. Any suggestions? --not saying 100% I could take him, but wondering how to go about it if I could....or if anyone else in Eastern, KY is looking to adopt a pup, here's one to consider!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7231861

Brattina88

they have a msg board on petfinder where people set up transports by people volunteering to drive. This happens all the time; people fill out the adoption application online and send the money, and set up a date for the dog to be picked up and shipped...

Personally I'd rather the new owner drive all the way to get the pup and talk to the shelter people ect ect.... but that's just me ;)

Yep, I agree that going to the shelter would be ideal. Its about a 10 1/2 hour drive....Now I did a trip to KY to get my horse and have remained good friends with his breeder--she is about 3 1/2 hours from this place...It might take some planning, but maybe there is a way...I'll also check out that message board--thank you for the tip--I'm not well versed in pet finder yet, so its good to know what resources are on there...

Doberluv

A-w-w-w...he does look miserable. But take a look at the size of those feet and the thickness of his legs! I have a funny feeling about the Manchester Terrier idea. LOL.

I know!!! I was thinking the same thing! LOL it is defintely a dubious Manchester connection there---any other guesses as to what he might be? BUT, He does look like he might have some "pencil marks" on his legs and toes, which is a Manchetser trait...he could be a crossed with a very large Standard Manchester and a some other kind of bigger dog, who knows? But that little face is just haunting. So sad.--Although Zippy can look like that when he doesn't get his way or is trying to pull one over on me LOL!

Doberluv

I was thinking Doberman....but then again, I have Doberman on the brain. LOL. He's not quite so bulky looking as a Rott, but he definitely reminds me of a Doberman or mix. Maybe he's mixed with Manchester. Dobes have Manchester in their make-up too.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
What a complete sweetheart! *melts* I hope he finds a loving forever home!

Me too!!!!!! I sent the shelter a donation--also another Manchester owner on another list said they would sponsor him although they can't take him. I really hope he winds up with someone to snuggle with. I'm sooo tempted to just take a weekend road trip, but there are just so many things to consider...

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ohh man that is too much!! :( *dies*

I hope that he finds his "forever" home soon!!! :D

Doberluv

I'm sooo tempted to just take a weekend road trip, but there are just so many things to consider...
What was your first gut feeling? Your temptation or the things to consider? They always say....."trust your gut feelings." LOL. We'll all be waiting for your new siggy! Better tank up with gas. Let us know how the road trip goes. He really is cute and pathetic too. Gosh, if only I wasn't maxed out with dogs right now....I just couldn't handle another one or give it what it needs. Plus, my Doberman is a little scary with other dogs sometimes that he doesn't know.

Dreeza

omg, i wish i could take him!!!! kentucky is so far away though....and my parents said oakley is enough :( and my school apt doesnt allow dogs. boooo

what a CUTIE!!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I drove up to get Vic, i agree the owner should make the trip. Shows good intentions. I could just bundle that poor wee babe up and rock him in my arms until he feels better, that is truly the saddest pup i have ever seen too.

If you want him out my suggestion is to start contacting Min Pin rescues. That way you can help but dont have to drive so far.

If not, contact (to KY) rescue group and see if they can help with transportation or if they have room if someone is willing to sponsor this dog.

Very good looking pup..

Members online