Packing list

momto8

Okay its been awhile since we've had a puppy and never traveled so far to get one. So here's the situation, we are going to Kentucky in 1 month to meet our new puppy! We will be staying a hotel for 3 days and then driving 10 hrs back home. Breeder is sending collar, leash and puppy food in the puppy packs.

My list so far is-
Crate
Crate pad
Blanket that will go in the crate with mom to get her smell on it.
Photo of puppy for ID ( just in case! )
Harness for potty stops
towels and paper towels
food and water bowls
and lots of toys!

I feel like my list is too short for such a trip, what am I missing?

We drove about 11 hours to pick up Hudson and your list sounds pretty good to me.

I had a crate with a pee pad in the back seat of the car and several extra pee pads. Luckily all the puppies were super good and that wasn't an issue. I had a bowl for water and just kind of sprinkled handfuls of food into the crate so they had to kind of work for it.

I had some toys and chews, but tried to avoid squeaky toys because....11 hour drive. I had a collar & leash for each puppy, wet wipes & paper towels to clean up any messes & old blankets & towels & rugs

momto8

We drove about 11 hours to pick up Hudson and your list sounds pretty good to me.

I had a crate with a pee pad in the back seat of the car and several extra pee pads. Luckily all the puppies were super good and that wasn't an issue. I had a bowl for water and just kind of sprinkled handfuls of food into the crate so they had to kind of work for it.

I had some toys and chews, but tried to avoid squeaky toys because....11 hour drive. I had a collar & leash for each puppy, wet wipes & paper towels to clean up any messes & old blankets & towels & rugs
Thank you! I had thought about puppy pads but wasn't too sure, I will pick some to have on hand! And didn't think of wet wipes but I have those for when we go coursing, easier than worrying if they have running water :) Oh and i also had ID tags made for his collar.
Courtney will be with us, so we'll have all our normal supplies we carry for her as well.

Members online

No members online now.