The Lennox Attrocity

Xandra

I find it frustrating that authorities clamor to be the first to bend over for so many stupid bleeding heart causes and yet some people want to spare a perfectly friendly dog and they're frigid.

I guess in this case "helping animals" is superseded by the cause of all causes, "improving public safety." Surely even they must realize that a dog that has displayed amiable behavior for 2 years while in a stressful situation, and is about halfway through its (natural) life, poses only the most marginal threat to the public? Perhaps they don't want to set a precedent. Disheartening.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Did this dog have a bite history and why was he removed? It makes no sense.

K

Kaydee

So sad, " pit bull type" is code for " We don't know what the #&%* breed we're looking at here but in our professional opinion...". It happens large scale in US shelters every day...if you only have so much space you liquidate the least adoptable first.

Like I've said, wish I could be successful in politics so I could work on changing things like this even just locally.

K

Kaydee

Always have a fear that something, heart attack or stroke would happen while I'm walking Sophie. Afraid that her protectiveness of me would be interpreted as a dangerous dog. I should wear one of those health ID's with a "Calm the dog FIRST" message on top...really

I found myself keeping tabs on it all night last night.

I am amazed -- and proud -- at how self-contained and disciplined Lennox's supporters were, even at the height of it, when the BCC was refusing to confirm or deny that they had killed Lennox.

BCC employees mocked callers by making animal noises at them over the phone before hanging up.

Victoria Stillwell had an exchange with a member of the BCC on a radio interview this morning. http://positively.com/2012/07/11/victoria-debates-bcc-representative-on-the-radio/

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I only just caught this... they would never have changed their minds - I know how councils work. If they went back on one decision, they would have to go back on a LOT of other bad decisions.

Wrong yet predictable.

Poor dog :(

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Did this dog have a bite history and why was he removed? It makes no sense.
When you're a pit bull, or rather you look like a pit bull, you don't need a bite history, it's totally confounding but not uncommon. This isn't the first but one can hope it could be the last dog to needlessly be killed on looks alone.

crazedACD

And the news stories are still calling calling him a 'pit bull type' dog..though he was DNA'd and proven to be Lab x AmBulldog. I honestly can't think of this too much, it gets me too upset.

K

Kaydee

A world gone mad, because the animal control officer was afraid of him...there's a Yorkie down the street who makes me uncomfortable...know what ahm sayin'???!!!

crazedACD

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/328493
Star of 'It's Me or the Dog' says Council members threatened her

As more details emerge in the case of Lennox, the Labrador/Bulldog euthanized last Wednesday by Belfast City Council (BCC), Victoria Stilwell, star of "It's Me or the Dog," claims she has been both threatened and sued by members of BCC.
Stilwell made the astonishing claims today on her Facebook page in an open letter to the public. The post, in which she commented that she now wished to answer what she had so far been reticent on, said, "yes, the BCC's 'expert' did try to sue me for speaking out against him and questioning his credentials, and yes he did expect money from me to settle the dispute."
The latest allegations are another blow for Northern Ireland's Belfast City Council, who had hoped that after euthanizing Lennox for being a "pit-bull type" dog, the entire affair would quietly go away. Not so. After BCC announced that it had carried out the destruction order on the dog, Stilwell spoke out against their heartless handling of the case and demanded answers.

yoko

This is/was just an incredibly sick situation.

Everyone from the City Council to the sickos answering the phones making a joke out of it should be ashamed of themselves as 'professionals' and human beings.

K

Kaydee

Perhaps someone, somehow, can make this a landmark case to prevent it from happening again. Just unbelievable

Members online

No members online now.